As promised.....

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Can you mark it and collect a few seeds later?

John

Modi'in, Israel

It's right in front of my kids' school in the uncultivated median. If I tried to attach something to it to collect seeds I'm sure some kid would rip it off (and thereby likely destroy the plant). But I know where it is and I keep watching it and I'll try to collect seeds later on when it starts to dry up. All the other Campanulas I know of here bloom until the end of April or May, so I think I have a while before this guy starts producing viable seeds. If I see any babies growing around it though, I will definitely adopt one of those! :-)

-Julie

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

How does Silybum marianum behave itself in Israel? It's a noxious weed in California.

Nice pictures, by the way. I especially like the Erodium gruinum.

Modi'in, Israel

It grows like mad in just about any field, lot, uncared for garden....well....anywhere! I've found seedlings sneaking into my garden each year and I pullem up immediately. I just don't have anywhere to keep such an OUCH! inducing plant. Those leaves are just too painful for me to deal with. But if I had a far away corner where I could let it grow happily without me always having to be wary of it's sharp edges, I'd let it. The flowers really are lovely and the birds and butterflies adore it! :-)

-Julie

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Julie thanks for the "gift" flower. I love it. Hope you can get seeds for your garden!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.