Wisteria Seeds

Fenton, MO(Zone 5b)

I got some wisteria seeds in a trade and I'd like to know if anyone has any experience at planting these? I realize that it can take up to 3 years for them to bloom from seed, but I'm willing to wait. Any of your information would be helpful.

Fenton, MO(Zone 5b)

Never mind.. found the information I was looking for. :)

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Kathy, in our zone, just place them outdoors in a rocky/sandy mix, laying them on top of the soil and covering the spot with screen wire to keep vermin from eating them, and let mother nature take care of the rest.

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Kathy, wisteria is beautiful, but the roots once established can travel for miles. You might consider a sunken pot, to control this.
I have a friend that dug up one in his yard and he said roots went out of the yard in 10 directions. he couldn't believe it.
Sidney

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I remembered seeing this post and didn't have the answer since I had the vine that made the seeds. LOL Someone wrote to thank me for the seeds and let me know how well they had done. I wrote back and asked what he had done to start them.

"I put them in one of those seed starters (a tray with slots for soil and a plastic lid to retain humidity and warmth). Put the seeds maybe a quarter inch under the soil. Set the tray by the window. First the hibiscus came up, then the wisteria (it is slower). The wisteria seedlings seem extremely robust. "

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.