Martagon clump

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

Will take pix of my martagon bloom this year, depending on how they do. Had to move most last fall so time will tell.

In the mean time here is dalhansoni, planted as a single bulb in 1997. Photo taken in 2004. Did take some bulbs from the clump in 2001.

Spring will come soon ..

BTW Somebody wanted to know if martagons would be OK in Houston. Kentucky and TN. seem to be the furthest S. that people grow them - according to lily talk list.

Can't find the thread now so hope questioner reads this.
Inanda

Thumbnail by inanda
Central, KY(Zone 6b)

And here I thought martagon's just came in the purplish color and white.....then I did a google search to see just what a dalhansoni was and came across The Lily Nook's Martagon photo library....OMG....!!!
http://www.lilynook.mb.ca/library/library-martagons.htm

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

The Lily Nook is a dangerous place to go looking.... (speaking from experience) Dangerous to your pocketbook.

Central, KY(Zone 6b)

No doubt! That $15.00 Phytosanitary Certificate stopped me cold, YIKES!!

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

There is a lovely new yellow one. called Lois Hole, after the late lamented Lt. Gov. of Alberta, hybridized by Terry Willoughby. There is a picture of it on the outside back cover of Lois Holes book for 2005. Sold out already, - of course.

Sadie, get some friends together and do a bulk order. That is what we do for iris, lilies and hostas from the US>
Inanda

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

they are just gorgeous. wow!!!!!!!!!!! i really like how the colors from the flowers extends into the stems. you can see what i mean clearly the purples on rosalinda and there are even blues on sunset sunset glow. my mother nature certainly is charming.
what type of conditions does L. martagon flourish under. i'm wondering if perhaps mine needs a change of scenery.
debi z

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.