gel2grow 1 liter bottle available in USA?

Boulder Creek, CA(Zone 9a)

I googled my way to this product, but from UK it costs $30, more than half of it shipping! http://www.gel2root.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=root.moreinfo&product_id=9&category=1
I swear I saw this discussed in this forum a "while" back, but can not find that thread now. Sounded gtrat. NOW I want to try it.

I can't find a USA supplier.

Any help?

This message was edited Feb 26, 2005 10:39 PM

Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 5a)

Your link didn't work, but from the name and your proposed use it sound like one of the polymer gel products that are fairly easy to find now. Check at stores such as Lowes and Home Depot etc. One of the names is Hydrogel but there are many others. Prices are probably shifting but til now it has run about $10. a pound dry. It isn't as expensive as it sounds since it expands to amazing proportions. Jessamine

thanks

reposting Gel2Root link: http://www.gel2root.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=root.moreinfo&product_id=9&category=1

jessamine --- Hydrogel is not the same thing. I hope someone knows where to get it here stateside.

YES

Sounds like GREAT stuff! Anyone out there use it?

New Hyde Park, NY(Zone 7a)

I never tried but was thinking about getting some myself. I've tried everything else and was not very successful, maybe it's just me.

New Hyde Park, NY(Zone 7a)

i think this is more like the stuff you were looking at, I don't know if you saw this also or just the six pack cells

http://www.charleysgreenhouse.com/index.cfm?page=_productdetails&productid=8145&cid1=-99&cid2=-99&cid3=-99

That's it! Just order 2 bottles!

Woodland Park, CO(Zone 4b)

Interesting. I'm using Shultz Moisture Plus watering crystals that I found at Walmart. They are smaller than what I've previously seen on the market.
Seems to work well despite not having any plant hormones in it. And is reusable (I just pour about a quart of boiling water over the used crystals, let sit for 20 minutes or so, then drain, cool and use again.
Thinking this product would not be reusable.
Please let us know if it works as well as advertised (IBA once mixed has a very short life so not sure about the claim or keeping this product too long after opening).

This message was edited Feb 27, 2005 7:36 AM

(Linda) Winfield, KS(Zone 6a)

srkrause, please do keep us up to date on the gel, because if you have good luck with it I want to get some and try.

Linda

I'll try to remember to do so... email me if I don't...

It's ordered, so as soon as it gets here I have stuff to root.

Steve

Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 5a)

The product you are looking for is a variation of the product I am talking about but has had the addition of the growth hormones. If you wanted to go to the bother you could add those to the polymer get crystals yourself. A little more trouble but a great deal less expensive. Jessamine

Jessamine ---

How much to add? Like add Rootone?

Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 5a)

Actually, I was thinking about gibberillic acid but Indole-3-butyric acid as in Rootone or 1-Naphthaleneacetic acid or any of a number of other chemicals could be used in very tiny doses. I would have to investigate a bit and do some math before suggesting a particular amount of any one of them. Jessamine

Woodland Park, CO(Zone 4b)

Cool. I'm willing to give it a go!! The math here would be way beyond my megar skills, lol!!

I

emailed a request to the UK gel2grow source for US supplier/s. They said Charleys carries it and also: www.kinsmangarden.com. The latter charges the same as Charley's, but shipping is $2 less for 2 bottles.

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks you srkrause for the heads up on "kinsmangarden". I just bought another bottle of the dispenser gel2root from Charlies. I recieved it yesterday and completely finished the bottle this morning and needed more when I did a search to see if I could get it any cheaper, especially on the shipping and sure enough Kinsmangarden is cheaper on cost and shipping. I got 2 bottles from Kins for almost the price I was paying for 1 from Charley's. Thanks again.

This is a wonderful product and for the novice it can't be beat.

Dott

Union City, CA(Zone 9b)

Thanks for the link . I asked them for a catalog

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.