Question about pruning (indoor) English Ivy and Pothos

Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Hi!

I'm trying to propogate English Ivy, and so far, things are ok. I lost one of the cuttings, but the other two are hanging in there, and the 3 other original branches have lots of new growth on them. My question, though, is how do I get this plant to be "bushy"? I keep reading about "pinching back", but how does that work? Is English Ivy (I have Adam's Choice and Curly Locks) self-branching? And where is the best place to pinch when I do prune?

I'm also propogating a Marble Queen pothos. How do I manage to turn those cuttings into a bushy plant?

Thanks,
Kelly

Thumbnail by ceallachg

I get bushy pothos by letting it grow for about a year, then cutting it back, rooting the cuttings and planting them back in with the original plant, whether in the original pot or a slightly bigger pot if necessary. Don't know about English Ivies.

Woonsocket, RI(Zone 6b)

Cutting back your English Ivy or any vine for that matter will make it bushy. It takes patience to see the results. In the meantime when you cut it back and are waiting for it to get bushy, you can roo the cutting then add them to the plant like ceedub does.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.