i just ordered-

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

MORE LILIES ----- from berts(bleek) site at eflowergarden.com
YOU cant beat those prices and the daylilies and the hostas!!!
I have never been disappointed with my orders either. so check it out if you
want some great deals!

oh my oh my!!! i need a job!

Cassopolis, MI(Zone 5a)

I know I was lookinhg at Bleek's new stuff about 3 weeks ago and managed to resist my first trip but I probably will have to give in one of these days pretty soon.

I certainly did like some of those new lilies!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i got lots from Bert! daylilies and lilies and a few hostas. You just cant beat berts prices and the quality of his plants, I will be getting some more iris later in the year!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Okay, newbie here for lillies, what is the name of this place and website please, send me email!
Thanks

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

http://www.eflowergarden.com/default.aspx Yup, think I have to get some more lilies! They're calling my name.....

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

I've bought too many already in a cabin fever fit---my yard will look like swiss cheese next month.

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

I held back from the lilies a little this year because they seemed to suffer a little in my yard last year. I think the full sun southern exposure might be too much for all but the asiatics. I might have to move my orientals and trumpets if the new ones on the western side of the house do a lot better this year. Once I figure out their best location, I KNOW I'll be buying more! :)

The orientals on the east side of my house did well and those shaded from afternoon sun by trees. The asiatics did well everywhere--I've had to thin them down to make room for more colors. I love the orientals, but don't have alot of shade on the yard edges. And the color range of the asiatics is astounding.

Cassopolis, MI(Zone 5a)

Both my asiatics and orientals were in full sun here in Michigan, which should be nearly the same as Iowa weather. It obviously would be a lot different than than some of the western states but I would think we should be fairly close.

Alice

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

ecobioangie,

I am sure we have a similar problem with the full sun deal. I have found that Orienpets tolerate intense sun much better than most Orientals, though there are several Orientals I've found that do quite well in full sun. Orientals with northern and eastern exposures seem to do well even here. Most of mine finish blooming by the first week or two in July, and I have had some Orientals bloom as early as late April. They seem to return well, though. Late July and August are hopeless here for lilies, though my Orienpet stems stayed completely green until December, and I did have some Black Beatuties make it to Aug. 1. One Oriental I have found does very well in the South is Dubonette, and it is available on B&D Lilies' site. When do your lilies bloom? I'm interested to know if it is similar on your side of the South. Thanks,

Steve

The Orientals I had in full sun last year dried up in the August heat. Not a pretty way to lose a Casa Blanca.

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Well Wanda...

I feel a little better now. All of the magazines and online sites say that most Orientals bloom in August and even September. Maybe in places with mild summers like the PAC NW or extremely northern areas - hard to believe they make it all the way through summer for most of us in the interior, at least in full sun.

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

Gosh I don't remember exactly when they bloomed, I'll have to check my pics. I know I had some that didn't bloom well in their second year last year. I thought they'd be better, but I think the combo of the soggy ground and the hot sun was too much for them. The stargazer only got 2 feet tall and looked all ugly and twisted. *shrug* The trumpets do okay, but the asiatics are happy as larry. I'm wondering if it wasn't the soggy soil that made things rough last year. I can tell you though Steve, that I've not had any of them bloom anywhere close to the fall. Always summer.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.