A most beautiful healthy vine from eBay

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

I bought an Aristolichia trilobata from eBay and like a few others here I've been disappointed sometimes when the plants arrived. Well not this time. This is a HUGE plant, in a three gallon pot, very healthy with buds! I ordered more than one plant, she combined shipping and only charged me actual postage even though she packed the plants with extra packing like foam peanuts. So if anybody sees "ButterflybyRobyn" she has nice plants. I still can't get over how big this plant is!
I meant to post a picture but had left my camera at work, I'll take it home tonight and get a picture. This is a cool plant, the flowers have looooooong tails on them.
The other stuff I got from her was way bigger than I expected too. She has nice stuff. Thanks Frannie for recommending her.

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Yes, I agree, she has wonderful things. I bought an Iochroma from her a while back & am very pleased with it.

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Good for you!

She apparently sells for a local grower(or so I've been told) and YES, they have great huge stuff!
She had a pink turk's cap I really wanted, but waited too long to bid and missed out...

-T

Taylor, I might have a rooted pink turk's cap. I had some started, haven't checked them since the bad weather a while back. I'll try to remember to check when I get home.

I have a gorgeos white one that ages apricot, if you want to swap turks?
let me know...
thanks!-T

Sounds good to me. I only have the red one with small flowers and the pink one(flowers are big on the pink one).

does it look like hers?:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4338774619

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

Calla, I've been meaning to go to her place, but it's so far from Richmond that I really have to plan for it. She also has fantastic african violet/fern pots at decent prices and a good selection of plants. Very nice lady to talk to. Glad to hear you were pleased with her--not surprised.

Taylor, it looks just like hers.

Whoopee!
I'm sure we can expand on that trade, but sounds like a great start!
I have multiples of the white, so let me know if you'd like more than one.
I'll start emailing you privately to see if we can expand on this trade.
thanks!
-T

ps-
I just got the seeds in the mail! lol...
Thank you!
I hope you like the ones I sent you, also
-T

Oh yes, I thought I'd emailed and said something but looks like I didn't. Wonder if anyone has any memory cells to trade, lol. I loved the seeds you sent.

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

she is great and has things that are hard to find sometimes. Just have to watch her prices though. Been ordering from her for 2 years and never had to complain.

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

Oh Cala and Taylor I think I have both the lg Pink and Red in the GH and maybe the varigated red to rooting. Can't get to anything until spring when I can start pulling things out to see if they made it. Remind me about March. Be glad to send one to you.

Ocean Springs, MS(Zone 8b)

I have ordered several plants from her and have never been disappointed, always sends big healthy plants.

She sent me a freebie too, I love those. It was like she read my mind and knew what else I wanted!
Donna, I'll have to find something to tempt you with for that lg flowered red one! I have two lg flowered pink ones that are rooted if Taylor wants them. They're extra tough too, they survived the freeze OUTSIDE in a pot of vermiculite! I forgot to bring them in.
There was one other gal on eBay, I got bananas from her. Those were huge plants, I think her name was Dawn.

YES! I want BOTH! I absolutely love pink! I like all pastels, but especially pink. I've always loved the look and shape of turk's cap, but never been a real fan of red. It just is so extreme, and seems to scream its color! lol...I like things CALM...So really glad to see it in white/peach and pink now.

I'll send you a couple of the white/peach ones, too. If you don't want both, feel free to trade the other.

I was just thinking about how much I like pastels, and was trying to figure out WHY...then I realized that although pastels may not be as bright as some of the deeper colors, they are still really pretty, and do show up in the daytime. Especially on wet, cloudy days...

BUT! Pastels ALSO really show up and glow at night, whereas the deeper colors fade into the darkness. I have really started to concentrate on getting more night blooming flowers, and white flowers, because while whites aren't noticed as much during the day, they are spectacular at night. We spend most of our time in the garden at night, when hubby comes home. I think that is why his favorite flower is the fragrant moonvine...

I guess I like pastels so much because they are the best of both worlds. They show up in the day AND the night!

Sorry, insanity may be setting in! lol...I just realized I'm rambling...maybe I've had a BIT too much coffee!...lol.sorry

Anyone else feel this way?
-T
-T

Taylor, it's okay to ramble when it's about plants! I like pink too.
I'll get those pink turk's caps to you first of the week. I think the weather is supposed to be nice.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

well thanks suzie i bought one of the hoya plants!! :) cant wait to finally have one with flowers!

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

I have gotten plants from Robyn...and they are all so healthy! Great person.

She grows a lot of her own plants...and she has an arrangement with a grower to grow certain things for her...

Neat lady...and I know she is a member of DG and is on Plant Scout...

Spring, TX

A friend sent me this thread..it really is nice to read such great comments..you guys are the best..

Did you know that Butterfly Gardens By Robyn is on Dave's Watch Dog list??

I also want you to know that if you are ever looking for something..I buy from five different growers, I couldn't possibly list every plant in their inventory, so, if you are ever looking for something that you cannot find..just shoot me an e-mail..and I'll let you know if someone has it on their list. If they don't have it, maybe I can get seed or find it somewhere else and have it custom grown.

I have a few real exciting things going on so I can keep you posted through this thread.

Thanks

Robin

Butterfly By Robyn

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

thanks Robyn. Were you able to ship my order today?? Is supposed to stay warm through wednesday. I e-mailed you the other day.

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

I just placed an order with her, she has some nice plants

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Oh how cool shes a member here! Im sure my hoya will be top notch!!!
oh i cant wait to finally have one with a BLOOM!!!!!

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Someone who received an order from her over a year ago posted a negative feedback. Grand Bummer!!! No call for it.

If everyone scooted over to the Garden Watchdog and posted positive things...it would dilute that negative stuff. REALLY!

Carol

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

done

Ocean Springs, MS(Zone 8b)

I did it also.

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Wish me luck!!! She has a variegated sollandra that I really really want.

Lisa, you will love the variegated solandra but be prepared it is a slower grower than the green.
Robyn, I didn't know you were a member here! I went to the watchdog and left feedback.

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Strange thing...the person who left negative feedback has NEVER left feedback for anyone else, and Robin can't figure out who it is.

Sounds....w i e r d.

Anyway...we love her and that is good! I got a variegated Solandra from her and I can't wait for it to t ake over the forest!!!

Carol

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Hey Robin,
You wouldnt happen to have a philodendron pink princess , would you?

San Diego, CA

There is alway's somebody that is quick to leave negative feedback without allowing someone to make good on something. I don't know the full story but perhaps if they had a real problem and contacted Robyn, I know she would have made good on it. I too have gotten many plants from Robyn and have alway's been happy with what I have received so I can't imagin anyone being disappointed. Keep up the good work Robyn.
Mark

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

There is a saying I heard in Alaska..."Some folks would gripe even if they got hung with a new rope".

LOL

Zostropz, I got my seeds today!

Angleton, TX(Zone 9a)

I am so happy you were pleased with your plant Susie.........I knew you would be. I saw a picture of it on your other thread and it is a beauty.

Good to see you here Robyn!

Murrells Inlet, SC(Zone 8a)

I ordered plants from Robin last week and they arrived yesterday. I was quite pleased with the size and quality of them and didn't have to pay and arm and a leg for them either. I think anyone who orders from her will be pleased with what they get.

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

can anyone tell me the addy to robins site i would love to check out her plants thxs
moretz

surfside beach, SC(Zone 8b)

hello catsmeow
Since we live so close to each other I am very interested in what you ordered and how they do in our area.What other plants have you had good luck with.I usually go to Brookgreen Gardens,see what they have and try it.I am about 3 blocks away from the beach,have sandy soil and many live oaks so my garden may have different needs than yours.

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Moretz, this is ButterflyRobyn http://stores.ebay.com/BUTTERFLY-GARDENS-BY-ROBYN_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

ahelms
thxs i appriciate it
moretz

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.