CLOSED: Rare and unusual anything goes swap

markleysburg, PA(Zone 5a)

Going to host for February a swap of rare-unusual types. As little as six seeds will do if they are unusual seeds. Any kind (flowers-trees-vines-shrubs=etc.will do) Unlimited number also.
Bubble envelope
address label
enough postage for return
Lets share the hidden stash with others.
deadline Feb 15th. email me for information please Shirley

oh count me in......

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

This message was edited Jan 29, 2005 5:48 PM

Orangeville, PA(Zone 6a)

Count me in too! ;)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I found this cross-posted to Seed Trading. I'd like to participate, but I'm new to Round Robin trading. I was trying to figure out how this works... Do we add in a pack or two for each pack of seeds we want to take out and then send the whole thing on to the next person? But that doesn't explain the need to include return postage.... How does this work? Please enlighten me!

Also, is it "fair game" to add in seeds received in another trade? I have a couple of unusual things that I don't think I can use (offered to send them back & was told to pass them along) but only a couple of things on my list could probably be considered unusual. I do realize that if you pick out something really special or rare, you'd better have something really special to put back in.

Thanks!

Hi A swap is unlike a robin in that you dont recieve a package and take things out and forward it on to the next person on the list. In a swap everyone sends their package to the host (which in this case is myself) and the host gathers all the packets together and sends the same amount back to the person who sent in the package. Including the same amount of postage it takes you to send the package insures adequate return postage and an address label included just saves on mistakes in addresses.In a swap such as this you will probably not get the exact amount of seeds back (such as 6 seeds for six seeds) depending on what comes in. If you would like to join please do and send your most unusual seeds. There is always a place to start and you will get some things which might surprise you. Thanks Shirley My winter address i shirley norman rt2 box 396 shinsnton wv 26431 Please mark SWAP on the outside of your envelope

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks for setting me straight! I'd better pass this time. I'm pretty new to this, and I'll be experimenting this year with a lot of varieties I haven't grown before. I'd hate to recieve anybody's super-special seeds and have them turn out to be something I can't manage to germinate or can't find a good spot for in my yard. But I'm glad you directed me to this forum!

Ogdensburg, WI(Zone 4a)

This sounds like a fun swap to do but I live in zone 4 and looks like most of these swaps are coming from the southern zones and I probably won't have any luck in germination and the life of the plant. If you have any suggestions Please let me know. I'd like to join you and see what fun this could be. How do I get started?

This message was edited Feb 7, 2005 8:27 AM

This message was edited Feb 14, 2005 1:21 PM

Hi Im in zone 5 and I have enuf perenniel things to share with anyone in colder climates. Come join us Shirley

re send me your info.. i have moved.... added dsl and changed internet providers...
there is finally a bit more wind in my hair as i hit enter... ha

sheranc@verizon.net......

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

Shirley, I got the seeds yesterday. Thanks for doing this, it's and interesting looking bunch for a small group!

Yes It was. Glad you got them Kathleen-wish more had taken part Shirley

Thanks.. I got my seeds.. what a great assortment.. cant wait to get them growing.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.