Sweet Shrub Seeds

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Does anybody happen to know how to propagate some Sweet Shrubs seeds. Would appreciate any advice. Thank you!

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/550/index.html has some seed advice in the first comment and others too. I could not find this listed on the germination chart.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Thank you for your help Sugarweed. I appreciate it! Will check out the link.

Caistor, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

What are Sweet Shrubs?????????????? dont think i have heard of those!!

Brenham, TX(Zone 8b)

neat plant....do you think it's too hot down here in zone 8?

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

Some call it, "witch haisal"

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

LOL.. I just signed in and wondred what was going on. I knew I had just shared some sweet shrubs seeds with some butterfly people for their gardens, but didn't remember starting a post. Thought I was losing my mind for sure til I saw this post is from begining of the year. : ) heheheheheh Mark

Glad ya brought it up though. Can give direct links for germination for thos e folks now.

You don't have a Sweet shrub in your garden Mark? They beautiful, and have some great smelling flowers , plus forget but either the nectar or host plant for one of the butterflies. Little birds like to fly in and rest on them too. They have the oddest seed pod and it filled with the little hard seeds inside when ripe.

Mark... After the holiday rush over will send ya some seed to try, if ya want. Think you would like it.

Jamming. They grow down here in our zone 8a and 8b. You may be a bit hotter over in Texas than us , so you might have to provide a bit of shade. Not r eally sure on that part. Glad to share a few seed with you too if ya want. Just takes a while to get them to germinate, but if ya have the time and patience it worth it.

Brenham, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks Starlight, I'd love to try some!!!

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Great Jamming!

Dmail me your addy if your not in the exchange. Will send them out after the holiday rush. Just took almost 9 days to get one seed envelope just to Texas with the Season's mail.

Brenham, TX(Zone 8b)

Starlight...you have a Dmail.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.