Look at what is popping up.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I received these bulbs in October from a lily co-op. The name is Coral sunset. Crazy weather we are having here. These are my very first Asiatic lilies I have ever grown.

This message was edited Jan 18, 2005 1:59 PM

Thumbnail by rose318
Hades, SC(Zone 8b)

Looks familiar! My asiatic lilies are at least 14 inches tall, and we're going to have some freezing weather for several nights this week. I hope they can take it.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks for reminding me . I just went and covered mine...

This message was edited Jan 17, 2005 7:43 AM

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Altered,

I would cover them up. While the bulbs are hardy, lily shoots will easily be damaged and even killed by a hard freeze, unlike shoots from daffodils or tulips. I already lost one because it emerged early last month and I didn't cover it up then, and temps dropped into low 20's.

This message was edited Jan 17, 2005 4:36 AM

Hades, SC(Zone 8b)

Thanks, Steve! I put freeze cloth on them last night, and am hoping for the best. This week we should have at least two nights of temps in the low 20s. Hope your lilies make it!

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

I am very new to Lilies, I have some bulbs can I plant them in container in the basement (temp.about 55) untill it is safe outdoors.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Kareoke ,
I think you can ,but I am not really sure . I am new to lilies myself. Good Luck
patti

Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

Debi sent me bulbs and here is plant.
Thank you Debi

Kaleem

Thumbnail by gumlla
in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Kaleem,
Your lily looks like the same size as mine. Cool I can't wait until they blooms..
Patti

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Kaleem,
Your lily looks like the same size as mine. Cool I can't wait until they bloom.
Patti

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.