Iris that never dies, blooms forever

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

I wanted to show you this iris - - it's made from copper. Rain or shine - - it never needs water, never wilts, never rot, never gets bugs, (well maybe dust mites), and it never quits blooming for me!!! LOL

I wonder if others of you out there have irises that last forever too - - (made out of another material - like wood, fabric, etc. If so.................do you have a photo of it?) I'd sure like to see them.

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

I bet a photo of it would be good - - right about now. :-)

Thumbnail by Margiempv
Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Margie, did you make this copper iris? I know that copper is mined in Az. but have never seen any of the copper crafts displayed in stores. Maybe I just wasn't looking also!!
Montana has some nice copper things in stores in that state.

Enjoyed your beautiful copper iris.

Maxine

Farmington, ME(Zone 4b)

Margie, if you purchased the beautiful copper iris on-line, I'd love the web site!

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Maxine, no I didn't make that copper iris. I wish I was that talented!!! :-) It sure is lovely though. That iris was a birthday gift last year from my husband. He had it specially designed by someone who makes all kinds of things out of copper. And at a good resonable price too.

And hooked, so sorry - - but he didn't purchase it online. There is this small "artistian town" about an hours drive from here called Tubac, AZ. . All of these artists have these little shops where they create and display their work. This particular shop had all kinds of copper things. Copper water fountains, animals, windmills, cacti. They could make anything!! We travel there about once or twice a year to see all the craftsmanship, and enjoy all the beautiful art-like pieces these talented people make.

I hope we get to see other art-like irises in this thread.

Margie

Moerkerke_Damme, Belgium(Zone 7b)

I got something send to me from one of our friends, i think she knew i got some iris fever too
So i got irisses that never die! Arn't they lovely

This message was edited Jan 15, 2005 1:34 PM

Thumbnail by John_Benoot
Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Very Van Gogh - like painting. Is it?

yes dear

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

*blushing*

lol
Bren you funny one

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

that's me!!! 8 >)

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Oh, that painting is very close to a Van Gogh! If I remember right he was known for his nature scenes.
Correct me if I am wrong.
Never been previledged to see any of his painting other than on TV or in a book.

Maxine

Maxine,Its a postcard that was send to me with a reproduction on one of Van Gogh's Iris paintings, i like his style very much, really dashing.
When you come to the Netherlands (Amsterdam in fact) you have to go to the Van Gogh Museum.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

The essence of "Dutch Master" yes? I like his self-portrait and Starry Night. But my favorite is Monet for his water lily paintings and other florals.

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

No Monet's here so how about
some lovely Iris plates

Thumbnail by tazzy

Lace is nice with, Iris.

Thumbnail by tazzy
Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

very pretty, tazzy!

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

John, I just love your iris postcard reproduction!! That is done very nicely!!
Will you be mailing that postcard to me? (Big grin)

Tazzy, those are nice iris plates. How did you acquire those? Lace is nice with irises. Very PRETTY. Now those irises won't die!

Margie

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Tazzy, love the plates. John, your painting is exquisite!

Here is an original hand colored Botanical print from an 1846 French book from my art collection. Beautifully detailed.

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers

This isn't an Iris but a hand colored Botanical print of a lily from 1896. It's in beautiful shape for its age.

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers

every one knows i collect Iris well Iris every thing ,so kids and ck book have got me a few LOL

Both those plates are no .ones from Franklin Mint
Artist is Kathrine Austin called Mogamboiris plate

the kitty and iris plate is ,
Garden Discovery by Lily Chang

And I bet your iris gardens in bloom are more beautiful than either one!

This I got at the Christian book store .
its special to me ,Could be the name ,
more then Iris on this .LOL

Thumbnail by tazzy

Patty, you are lucky! I NEVER find anything with WANDA on it. Not a really popular name, but if someone yells it out, I know they mean ME!

This as raised images on it ..
The Iris Garden BY Lena Liu's

Thumbnail by tazzy

Wow! Love that one! Great detail & 3-D quality.

Pat, i like the paintings on your plates, or they handpainted?

Wanda, here i got your name on it!!! Don't say you got notthing with your name on it, print it out put it at your favorit spot in your house and think a lot about me, ha haa

Margie if you want some too i make you one, lol

Thumbnail by John_Benoot
Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Oh my gosh, John. You are one talented man!!

What a nice gift.

Fingers are not cooperating this morning with my brain. Yea, I know. Brain is pea sized, that is why?

Maxine

Maxine, i have a couple peas to left do i have to send them,lol

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Yes, PLEASE!!

Need all the help I can get.
If you have an extra copy wouldn't mind one.

Maxine

Well Maxine i'll post you this to cheer you up, a copy of my brain would not help you at all, at the contrary ;-)

John--you are too funny!

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Tazzy, I have two plates by Lena Liu....not raised like yours though. I think they are of humming birds and fuschias....they are in the bedroom where DH is sleeping right now. I'll post pics later if you'd like to see them?

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Wanda, your original hand colored Botanical print from an 1846 French book is really lovely!! So is the print of the lily. It's nice to see what iris things people have collected over the years. I wonder how much other iris things are out there? Do you have more you can show us Wanda? I'm interested.

Patty, that is so neat to find something like - - that with not only your name on it, but irises too. I'm like Wanda, I never find something with my name on it, and chances are if I did it wouldn't have irises. LOL Love your 3-D plate too. Even your picture jumps out at you so you can see the 3-D effect. NICE!!

John, that is thoughtful to offer me one of your "named" iris painting to print out. But, I was only joking. I sure love what you can do though. :-)

Margie

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Here is an iris cup I have. I found it at a "99Cents" store a few years back. Guess how much it was? It was 99 cents!! LOL - Great buy!! Now - - if we can only we can find a pink and black iris!!! Wouldn't that be nice?

Thumbnail by Margiempv
Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Here is a glass stained window hanging. ( I forget the actual name for this type of stuff. Does someone else know?) Only I didn't hang it in the window so the sun could go through it, I hung it on the wall. Now why would I do that? I don't know. LOL Just did. I won this at an iris meeting. They held a raffle and I got lucky!! :-)

Edited because NOW I remember the right name - - it's a "Sun Catcher." (My brain was taking a nap).

This message was edited Jan 17, 2005 2:24 PM

Thumbnail by Margiempv
Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Margie that sun catcher is stunning. I bet it would be gorgeous with the light passing through that blue.

Farmington, ME(Zone 4b)

Margie, Thanks for answering my question (way back there)! You are very lucky! What a beautiful gift!

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thanks Hooked, it was a pleasant surprise. I am very lucky to have such a thoughtful husband.

Langr, I think you are right. I just may have to move that to a window!!!

Margie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.