Wal-Mart unloaded pallet of peonies today! Wanna swap?

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

kathy-
Like I said, either way is fine with me. It will cost you a little more for the original boxes, but since you are paying I thought I'd let YOU make that decision. I just thought you might want the pictures, or the descriptions off the box, or something...but didn't figure you'd want to pay a whole lot extra for something you'd read for a second and throw away...

You know? It just occurred to me...(brain just getting fueled up with coffee) that I could remove them from their boxes, fold the boxes up and pack it all together. This way you'd get the boxes, without the bulk??

What do you think?? Best of both?
-T

Fenton, MO(Zone 5b)

Sounds good to me, I do like to look at the pretty pictures. :)

Kathy-Solved! lol...

So, if the other costco has more krinkled white, do you want more? Also, are you still wanting one extra sorbet?? I have a single one in a packet I bought at Wal-Mart. They were 3.96 a piece. That would make it easy to figure in the cost, or I could give you one out of the boxes.

Moonglow-did you already order your fill of peonies?? Or, are you interested in any of these? Just want to make sure...

Fenton, MO(Zone 5b)

No, one krinkle white will do me right now. And yes on including one of those sorbets into my load.

Fenton, MO(Zone 5b)

I think this peony addict is set for awhile. I've gathered up information on the peonies I already have and ones that I am buying and after all said and done, this is what I'll have going in my yard....

Thumbnail by IsThisHeaven

You GO GIRL! lol..
-T

Corte Madera, CA

t, thanks. i think this peony addict will run out of YARD soon and will have to move to a cottage with a bigger lot.

=)

Mullins, SC(Zone 8a)

Seedpicker, yes I do paypal, send me a total and I'll authorize pymt right away. I haven't done my DG trade page yet but you can look here:
http://members.gardenweb.com/members/exch/dianat
and let me know which rose you'd like for me to start for you.
And thank you!
:)
Diana

OOooo...tough one!
I didn't look them all up, but know right off hand that I already like the Abraham Darby, Bibi Mazoon, and Bride's dream...I've been wanting those...
I didn't see climbing old blush, and climbing souvenir de la malmaison. Are you interested in either of those, for a larger trade?
I have McCartney and Belinda's dream rooted, but see you already have those...

The post office is already closed for the day, but I can send and then quote you the price with shipping, on Monday. Guess it is best, anyway...hopefullly I'll be able to mail you more than just peonies! lol...

I also have two Marie Daly bushes that I've been wanting to trade. Any interest in that one? These are not rooted cuttings, they are currently in the ground...the others are one year rooted cuttings & should start putting out a lot of growth in Spring...
-T

Mullins, SC(Zone 8a)

Lol seedpicker, I'm interested in ANY rose I don't have yet, hehe! 'Tis my weakness, I can't look a rose in the face and say no. I would like those yes, with my greedy self :)
As it happens, I have an Abraham Darby that I need to move shortly, he's being squashed by other AD's. I can send to you instead if you'd like. I don't have any rooted Bride's Dream or Bibi's but I can send cuttings or root you one. I have some extra rooted cuttings of some varieties as I usualy stick 3 if I need one for trade, but I can't say what they all are right now or what kind of shape they'll be in after this winter storm we're having. I know clotilde soubert (bush), darlow's enigma, amazing grace, possibly a mrs Franziska Kreuger (true tea) celine forestier (noisette), and I think I have a lady heirloom (looks a LOT like Bibi) in a gallon pot. some others but can't remember what right now. I have to check and see how they fare over the next few days tho if there are any of these you'd like. We had temps of 22 last night, but I did have them covered and they were fine after temps of 12 degrees the other week.
Diana

I'll look them up and write back...
so you want the marie daly(2), cl old blush, and cl SDLM?
-T

Mullins, SC(Zone 8a)

Yes, and anything else you'd like I can root off my list, or send you the cuttings whichever you prefer. I usually have pretty good luck but this is my first year trying to root over the winter so I can't give an accurate time frame for getting the rooted babies sent out. The ones I listed are already rooted though and Abe Darby is in the ground. Some are in bands and some are in gallons, I can bareroot the gallons for shipment. I have bands of Veteran's Honor too, gorgeous red ht with the most beautiful form.

Diana

Mullins, SC(Zone 8a)

Oh an extra Molineux in a band too, he's a gorgeous Austin. Hehe I have to list em as I remember em :)
Edited to add, also band sized Elina, Leonardo da Vinci and I think an extra Mrs Sam McGredy too.

Diana

This message was edited Jan 29, 2005 8:08 PM

Vincent, OH

seedpicker_TX,
You have mail.

Vincent, OH

DianaT,
You have mail.

Mullins, SC(Zone 8a)

Got your email Ruth, did you receive my reply? Not sure I have this DG email down pat, lol!

Edited to say I got your reply, must have done it right lol! Also, good idea you have about trading!

Diana

This message was edited Jan 29, 2005 10:42 PM

Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

seedpicker - I thought I was helping you get what you want by buying some of the extras. No great shakes.. The DS hasn't responded yet anyway. Peonies are beautiful but I'm not real quick to give up precious ground to something that only has the one flush and then I got another green bush for the rest of the year.
Plus - just when I said I was abosuletly ordering nothing else this year , Van Dyck's came in yesterday. I'm probably going to start selling plasma next week or something to save up for Apr-May deliveries.

thanks

8ftbed-I was afraid you might take it that way, and even re-wrote it three times to make sure (at least in my mind) that it was clear I'd hold these for you. I just thought she might want to go look at them herself(in person, since she lives here, too). It took me a lot of time to look them all up in order to get bloom times and find good pictures of them.
I thought if she might be close to costco, it would actually save her some time, if she could just stop in and look at them, herself. Peonies are not the only thing they have, anyway. She might like some ofthe others things, too. I bought some gorgeous 'cameo'(peach with white spotted foliage) calla lilies, and some double tuberose, and some named daylilies, for great bargain. If she gardens, just thought she might want to shop them, herself. I was NOT trying to "brush you off" -AT ALL!

On the contrary, I am still stuck with these extras, and still want to get rid of them in some way(trade or reimbursement)
Yes, I'd love to offer you (and your sister) the "1 each of doreen, sorbet and Adolphe", and any others your sister may want.

On the other hand, I certainly know what you mean about giving up ground space. I am becoming super picky about what I trade for these days, as I am running out of room, too.
I think you'd like them, and they'd do well in your zone, but no biggie. I'll wait to hear from you, but if you've decided against them, I'll try to trade them off, or list on ebay.

I have really only just been trying to HELP everyone get peonies! Not personally benefiting from it, (except for DianaT's generous offer), and it has actually cost me lot of time on the computer, time running around town, and time calling on the phone to different costcos. I was just trying to be nice, and upset you might have taken what I said, wrong. Please understand you are more than welcome to these, but at the same time, you are also not obligated to these. Sorry I didn't apparently convey that, more clearly.
-T

Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

seedpicker - I completely understand and really appreciate your efforts and offers I am so fortunate to have stumbled into DG to meet folks like you. Really!!!
btw... I do have peonies Green Lotus bloomed first time last year and I've got 2 other bunches out back that didn't bloom their first year as usual.

If you have others that want them please go for it. If you get stuck with anything let me know. I'd love to help.

We're all good and thanks again!

Fenton, MO(Zone 5b)

I think the next peony I will get is that fern-leaf one, until then I'm gonna say I'm flushed with peonies. :)

I called my sister after I had sent her an email and told her what I had extras of, I told her she could have what I had extra or I would peddle them. Her answer was, "WHY would you ever get rid of ANY peony?!" Ha, I love her more now. he he

Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

seedpicker - Hi! Well DS finally responded and in all caps "I WILL DO IT". She does garden a bit. I flew her up here for her birthday last Aug and she's really bitten now.

So what have you got and did I see you take paypal? If not, I can send you a check today and once you have the cash I'll hook you and DS up for an exchange.

PLMK
blaine

I am going to have to go back to the other costco this morning and buy what they have left.
At the moment there are no more of the following
:
I Krinkled white
1Flame

2 Monsieur Jules Elie
2 Madame Emile Debantene

2 Karl Rosenfield
1 Festiva Maxima

2 Felix Crousse
1 Sarah Bernhardt

But do have a few of these:

2 June Rose
1 Imaculee

1 Raspberry sundae
2 Adolphe Rousseau

3 nymphe

1 Sorbet
2 Lady Alexander Duff

3 Doreen

-T

Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

Hey Taylor, have you checked your email since the other day?
DS just asked if I had heard from you and if it was still on. I provided cell/home "Accurate" numbers.

If it's no longer avail, we still thank you for the effort.

blaine

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.