Is it too late to sow morning glories?

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Zone 9 - day time temps in the low 100*F...

I swore I would not plant this year as I don't have time to take care of those green babies... so I waited until the middle of June to decide that maybe I could at least have a few morning glories on the fence... in years past, I've always had them in the ground by the end of March. Am I too late? Area gets evening shade, but perishing sun the rest of the day.

Thank you in advance!

Karla

Florence, AL(Zone 7a)

If you're in Zone 9, you probably have a long growing season. And Mgs usually don't do anything until the ground gets hot anyway, so I'd say plant 'em!

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

I would definitely plant them. when I lived in Fla. I planted all summer long.
sandy

Whittier, CA(Zone 9a)

I'm in zone 9, too. I'm still finding self sown MGs, so they must be content enough to sprout! I'd just recommend watering regularly, and if you have them in cells, maybe keep them in an area with afternoon shade until you can plant them out, as they will dry sooooo fast in this heat! GOod luck! :)

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Thanks, everyone! Looks like this evening I'm-a goin' planting!

Newberry, FL(Zone 8B)

nick and soak, they will be up in no time. someday soon i am going to plant some more...

Durham, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

well im in the uk and i just planted some seedlings out..

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I soaked some blue MG seeds the day this was posted (19th), and they're up with two true leaves 24th)!!!! Talk about a fast plant, I wish they were all like this!

(Zone 5a)

I planted red morning glories just 3 days ago and they are up already. I am in zone 5. I have cypress vine coming up on the other side of the lattice. Can't wait.

I agree''Have new ones coming up and the past week is 100+, just keep moist'''Sis''

Durham, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

my morning glories are now about 8" tall and growing fast! intertwining with my sweet peas. i spray mine too sis, they seem to like misting.

lil

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

I have many morning glories I bought them as little plants. I ever get the blue ones bloom good... Purple and red blooms now, but not blue... :-| Kikyo either.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.