Need your recommendations for an expert

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Who would be your top pick for another lily expert to join our forums? Or, who (besides our current lily experts) would you most like to be able to ask your toughest lily questions?

The criteria is:

1) Please nominate just one name, along with any contact info you can locate;
2) It should be someone who is not currently a member here;
3) This person should be a familiar name in lily circles (hybridizer, grower, or collector)
4) Since this person would be a regular participant in our forums, their availability/willingness to participate and their personality (no overblown egos, please!) should also be taken into consideration.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

I'd nominate Judith Freeman, but not sure how much time or inclination she would have to participate in a discussion forum.

She is the owner of The Lily Garden and has been registering under the Columbia-Platte name for years. She is a geneticist and revolutionized the lily hybridizing world though her work on embryonic cloning techniques giving us all of the new interdivisional crosses we are seeing these days. And she's a really nice, down-to-earth lady to boot.

I'd be happy to send you her email addy by private email if you'd like to try.

Beyond that I think Ed McRae (Judith's ex-husband) would be another good choice. I don't know him personally but he's written several books and was one of the active hybridizers at Oregon Bulb Farms. I'm not sure what he's doing these days, perhaps Inanda (Ginny) knows.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.