Continuing: Could Santa come early to a lucky brugie??? # 3

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

New thread I started in Recipes forum:

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/473018/

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

They're so simple

Peanut Clusters
1 pkg. almond bark, candy quick etc. (usually 40 oz,)choc or vanilla flav.
2 - 16 oz. pkg. semi-sweet choc chips
40 oz. approx. salted, roasted peanuts (usually 4 of the 9-10 oz bags.)

Nuke the bark and choc. chips, don't burn!!! Start with 2 min. Stir, 1 min. Stir. etc. until it's smooth. Dump in the peanuts, Stir and drop on wax paper to harden. If your house is hot and it's cold out, set them in the garage, they'd hard very quickly!

Told you they were simple!!

Adrian, MI(Zone 5b)

I'm hungry!! Everything sounds yummy!!
Bonnie

Harlem, GA(Zone 8a)

Yes, I want the peanut cluster recipe and the mini cheesecakes in Tea Time Tassies

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

That is simple! And sounds really good!

Harlem, GA(Zone 8a)

Thanks Kooger!

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

Not sure if my tassie recipe is the same as Brugie's. I'll post it in Karrie's thread. KarensTrumpies - please add your minicheese cake recipe to that thread. :)

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

You're welcome! I figured with this many women on this brug quest, we've gotta have something to share and food is such a great common denominator!! :)

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

Thanks, Karrie!

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

no kidding! and now is the time, while we're all here! We could make a whole "Brugmansia People's Cookbook"!!!!!

Harlem, GA(Zone 8a)

What a wonderful idea Karrie!!!!

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

amen, sister!!

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

If we could figure out a way to do it, to get enough printed and bounded, it could maybe be a fundraiser for Dave's Garden next fall.

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

:)

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

Here's one the kids love - and the grandpas do too!

Bacon and Eggs

Lay 4 pretzel sticks together, parallel to each other.
Drop 2 dollops of 'almond bark' candy on the sticks.
Drop a yellow M&M, lettering side down, in the middle of each white 'egg' dollop.

Now you have bacon and eggs! kids love 'em for breakfast or any time of day!

GOD's Green Earth, United States(Zone 8b)

Here I am...

Abbottstown, PA(Zone 6a)

back

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

lol Kooger! What a "fine and nutritious" breakfast! Ahhhhh - it's only Christmas Morning one time out of the year..................

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

I've also done mini-icream cones. Pick 'bugles' that have a larger opening. Fill with 'almond bark' candy and drop an M&M on top. P.S. Use up the other colours of the M&M after you finish the 'bacon and eggs'.

I've done 'Green Eggs and Ham' too. Just used the mini round pretzels and green M&Ms. The hardest part is hiding the M&Ms so don't buy them until the day you use them!!!!!

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

this almond bark you are mentioning - do you melt it?

Dallas, TX(Zone 8a)

I have a pumpkin roll recipe that is veeeery good. I'll post it on the thread Karrie started. It's a pumpkin cake type roll filled with a cream cheese and powdered sugar filling. Yummy!

Harlem, GA(Zone 8a)

Oh that sounds so good Kooger! YUM

Karrie, thats a great idea. I love to cook

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

Me too! ;-)

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

How about some pretty candles?

Dip an oreo cookie in 'almond bark' candy. Let harden. Cut pretzel rods in half. Dip in 'almond bark' candy and let harden. Use a bit more melted candy and put the candle pretzel on the oreo base. dip an almond in the melted candy and put on the top for the flame.

You can do this to any cookie and use different flavors of the 'almond bark' candy. Or use the white and tint it different colours with food colouring. Just think of how pretty you could make them. :)

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

yes, melt the almond bark candy in the microwave. Just watch you don't burn it. That spoils it.

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

please post these ideas on that thread, Kooger! ;-)

Harlem, GA(Zone 8a)

Awww that sounds so neat! Where do I find this Almond Bark? At a party store? I don't think I've seen this in the grocery around here.

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

I'll do that, later tonight. Have to go to a meeting at church at 7 so I better get off here and get ready. I'll have to post the Christmas trees made from icecream cones too. That was one of the kids' favorites to bring to the party at school. Lots of ooh's and aahh's over them, and PURE sugar!!!!

Harlem, GA(Zone 8a)

Ohhhhhhhhhh don't forget Kooger!

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

usually the almond bark or candy quick is in the baking section. Some stores have a display of Christmas items, like nuts, flour, choc chips,etc and it'll be with them too. I know it's not available in Canada so maybe it's not in the south either. Maybe someone else knows.... :)

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

as you can tell, I love to make fun stuff. My mom always said I loved to 'prutz' around. The finicky stuff! I make my Oma's Bonquet every year too. It's a dutch pastry with almond paste filling. YUMMMM!

Needville, TX(Zone 9a)

Yum, Yum....

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

later, all

Norfolk, VA(Zone 8a)

does somebody not know that #2 is closed?

Maben, MS(Zone 7b)

me again

St. Paul, MN(Zone 4b)

Once again...

Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

Bulk slabs of white or regular chocolate is sold by the baking needs in grocery stores.

Almond Bark is simply white chocolate with almonds in it.

FYI this 'white' chocolate is really a confection aka 'white' chocolate.

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire
Jack Frost nipping at my nose (or is that toes??)

Got to go look up the words on Google...........

Leesville, SC(Zone 8a)

Me

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

me again...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.