Amaryllis bulbs at Home Depot

Pocola, OK(Zone 7a)

The other day I got a pink Amaryllis bulb at Home Depot for $4.96. At that time I noticed that several of them were blooming IN the boxes. Poor things were scrunched up and looked pretty good considering what conditions they were trying to bloom in. Someone had even opened a box and set it on top of the stack and the flower was beautiful. I kept thinking about those poor things and went back to get another one a couple of days ago.

Went through the scanner and stopped. It said $2.48. The sign in front of the bulbs still said $4.96, but the scanner was telling a different story. The girl keeping watch over the self scanners said, "Is something wrong"? I said, "not really, it's just a different price". She said, "Is it higher?" I said, "No, it's lower........a lot lower" She said, "Well, do you want more"? My reply was "Heck yeah, I'll be right back".

I got two more bulbs for $2.48 each and a paperwhite for $1.98. These are kits with a pot, medium in a disk and bulb or bulbs, depending on what you get. Check your Home Depot and see if their Amaryllis bulbs are in bad shape.

Just thought I would share my find. I was happy about it.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Cherish - same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago at HD. I bought 4 @ $4.96 but when I checked out at the self-checkout they came up $2.48. I was thrilled and wished I had gotten more. The checkout clerk said they were on sale that week.

Pocola, OK(Zone 7a)

I figured they had just changed the price in the computer and hadn't gotten around to the signs yet. Now I'm not so sure. They are needing homes pretty badly from the looks of them. You would think they would post a sign in front of them.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

We didn't have any blooming in our store, but they sure were growing in those boxes. One of mine is about a foot tall already and the others are about 6 inches. The fourth one I sent to a DG member in the Daylily trade Claire did.

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

I just picked up 2 really nice ones at wally world for $3.00 each. Maybe they've had enough of us complaining in jan about the moldy bulbs that are still full price?

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Got three myself and one was blooming in box. Great deal. Going back to see if they have anymore.

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

i went in to mine and they were still full price...i guess the must be afraid someone is going to buy them if they reduce them....grrrrr

Pocola, OK(Zone 7a)

MSJen, the price on the ones I got said full price too until I got to the register. You might have someone scan one and see what is in their computer.

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

cherish,
I did that. They scanned full price, all 6 that i had in the cart. I asked the guy before he scanned them to do a price check. . He acted almost mad when i turned my cart around and put them back.
Why would i pay full price for something that is yellow and already bloomed??

Pocola, OK(Zone 7a)

No kidding, I don't blame you. They need to know that we will not pay full price for something that is in sad condition.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.