Thunbergia from Peggy

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

I can't remember the name of it, but I love the color. It is white with a blue center and has been blooming all summer. It isn't agressive and hasn't ever gotten huge, but has flowers every day.

Thumbnail by Calalily

Here is a close up of the flower. The center isn't black, it's actually blue.

Thumbnail by Calalily
Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

I love thunbergia. Any kind is okay with me. I love the velvety orange one and was able to save about 4 seeds from mine, so hopefully I'll get them to grow for next year. I love your white one. Does it set seed? Another favorite is the lemon yellow colored one. I don't remember the name.

Brugie, I like the lemon yellow one too(can't remember the name either, lol). I collected about 6 seeds this morning and there are more pods ripening. Want me to send them to ya?

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

Calalily I would love to have a couple of seeds if you have them to spare

I have pods ripening, they should be ready in the next week. (remind me, I have a terrible memory)

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Save me some if you get extras. I'd love to have just a few. Thanks Susie.

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

OK I will :)

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

beautiful!

Brugie, I was going to send you the first ones I picked, then Kareoke was next. I think I owe you some other seeds too if I can remember what they were, lol.

Angleton, TX(Zone 9a)

Susie, please save me a few seeds.

OK Frannie, I'll add them to your poinciana and clitoria seed package so it will be a few more days before I send it to give these time to ripen.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

I don't think you owe me anything. I have the clitoria and snail vine seeds. I've got everything ready to mail to you so don't be making up an address label or anything. The bubble mailer will get there before long. Thanks so much.

Needville, TX(Zone 9a)

Susie and Shirley, is it called a Black Eyed Susan Vine aka Thumbergia alata maybe :)?

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

The yellow one from Logee's is called Sunlady, but for some reason, I thought the name on mine was Lemon Sun or Lemon Star. I sure like it in any case.

Ocean Springs, MS(Zone 8b)

Calalily, if you get any extras of the white vine left could I please have a couple of the seeds.

Thanks,
Vi

Grass Lake, MI(Zone 5a)

Beautiful Susie ... you have got to be loving it down there, with everything blooming or staying green!!

It's like spring down here now(except today, it's cool and windy). Everything is blooming.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

You are so lucky to have such beautiful flowering vines all year round!

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Don't you wish that the "other than orange" ones threw more seed? I get very few from my salmon susie even though she is full of flowers all year. Sigh.

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Don't you wish that the "other than orange" ones threw more seed? I get very few from my salmon susie even though she is full of flowers all year. Sigh.

Calla, I never got round to pruning the monster jessamine so of course it is blooming again. My real problem now is the hummers living in it. Who could chop up a hummers' home in the wintertime?

Thumbnail by frogsrus

I wish ours would bloom twice a year. Don't chop up the little hummers homes, it would be terrible for them to be homeless at Christmas. One of my jessamine's leaves are wilted and I think it's dying. I don't think it liked the gypsum I put around it.

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Do not give up on it. Mine turns pale and loses a lot of leaves this time of year. Yours may bloom 2x once it gets more size on it. Godzilla the vine here is over 10 years.

I would never turn out a hummer but i wish there was some sort of "hummer house" for them. My patio is turning into a war zone with our unseasonably cold weather.

At least yours are still there, ours seem to have deserted us for warmer climates! The buff bellies haven't come thru yet, I hope they didn't get lost.

NEW CUYAMA, CA

You have mail.
I would like a few seeds please.

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

I have that one with the sunset colors,every bloom is different
Its in the GH now but never did see a seed pod on it

Lewiston, CA(Zone 7b)

Cala, your vine is lovely, nice to see some blooms. Nothing is blooming here. Even my Mums have frozen.
Is the Blue Sky vine related to these plants? I love em all, any color. My Mom had orange ones summer before last, they did not set seed. I watched closely.
I found the yellow (Blackeyed Susan Vine) seeds at K Mart of all places. But have been looking for the Blue Sky vine. It would be nice to combine the white & blue together.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

I had Thunbergia Gregorii this last summer and was able to harvest six seeds. It was slow at blooming and was really only getting started a little while before our first frost. Hopefully these seeds will grow, but I'll start them early so they can really get going.

BJ I have a rooted Blue Sky vine which is related to the ones in the picture(but I haven't found any seeds on it, I don't think the blue sky vine makes seeds)
Brugie, do you have a picture of the T. gregorii? If you posted one earlier and I've forgotten, I apologize.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

This isn't a very good picture, but it is the only one I have.

Thumbnail by Brugie
Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

wow Brugie I would love seeds for that color

Lewiston, CA(Zone 7b)

Oooooh, Calla, wanna trade for Trillium bulb or?
Let me know if you wanna trade, I'm sure I don't have much that you don't already have. I do have a few things on my Trade list.
Bj

Brugie, that is gorgeous! I love that color!
BJ, I don't think trilliums grow down here, haven't seen any but if you want some of these seeds I'll save some. There aren't a lot of pods but I'm getting a few each week.

Lewiston, CA(Zone 7b)

You might be too warm for Trilliums. Please do save me some. Thankyou.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Thanks. I got this plant from Kartuz. With only six seeds from it, I won't have any to share. Maybe next summer it will do better...that is if I can even get the seeds to germinate.

Lewiston, CA(Zone 7b)

When I was in Mexico acouple of winters ago, there was this bright pink flowered vine growing on the roadside where I went horseback riding, the guide said they were morning glories, but they didn't look like any AM golry I had ever seen. It was beautiful, deeply lobed petals, the seeds did resemble AM glory seeds tho.
I smuggled back 4 seeds but they didn't germinate, rats! I whishe I had gotten more seeds.

Was it a beach morning glory or a railroad track vine as they are sometimes called? They have leathery leaves and don't always grow on the beach. They have lobed pink flowers. Here is a link that will give you an idea of the flowers. http://davesgarden.com/pdb/go/808/

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

http://www.mountainvalleygrowers.com/orderform4.htm for Thunbergia gregorii 'Orange Clock Vine'. The price is $3.75 each. I got three of them a year ago about this time, but they didn't hold over the winter very well. They were nice plants when they arrived. It was my own fault I lost them.

Lewiston, CA(Zone 7b)

Yes, they were shaped like that only a more fuschia pink.
I was so disapointed when the seeds didn't germinate.
The Clock vines my Mom had never made it through the winter & her's wasn't that cold. Zone 8 maybe. They never had seeds cause I always was on the lookout for them.
In spring I'll go searching for the Blue & White, I think they would be bueatiful together.

If you want a piece of RR vine/beach MG I can start you a piece, they root at every node.
Brugie, thanks for the link. I think I'll order one(or two, lol)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.