gloriosa lily confusion

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Hurricane Ivan really confused alot of plants here. Plants that usually bloom in spring or early summer are blooming again. Bradford pear, mock orange, and even this gloriosa lily.

Thumbnail by rylaff
Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

Beautiful flowers! Confusion can be a good thing?

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Maybe it is some kind of sign of hope?

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

maybe nature trying to give back a little of what you lost :)

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

What a beautiful & unusual Lily! Since it bloomed now, do you suppose it will still bloom in the spring? Or stay confused?

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I have a bunch of these. Only a few have done this. So even it the ones that are blooming now dont bloom again in the spring/summer, I still have lots that will. Would be interesting to keep an eye on.

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Good for you! I'll be interested if they rebloom in the spring. Let us know.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

rylaff - are those bulbous plants or roots? I know they are tropical but wonder if they are bulbs if they could be dug each year up North when we dig dahlias.

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

There are tubers. Up north they are dug up. Down here in the south, they are one step away from being invasive. They multiply like crazy. One year I dug up over 300 tubers. Made great trading material. A month later, 75 more plants surfaced.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Well when you get ready to dig them again I'd like a few if you wouldn't mind trading.

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I gotta dig some up for a friend of mine. I will just dig up a few extra. Email me and remind me.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.