Vine help

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

Hi,
Ideas on rooting blue sky vine and corkscrew vine?
Thanks
Jen

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I think Susie told me the best way to root corkscrew vine, was to use tip cuttings without buds on them. I also heard they will root in water. Maybe someone can offer you some sure fire advice. :)

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

I've got 2 long vines that i can work with. I'm going to take 1/2 of one,cut it up and try to root some in water and some in soil. The other one i'm going to take 1/2 of it and try to get it to root by sticking the node in the soil, without severing it from the mother plant. HOpefully 1 of those 3 ways will work.
I dont want to totally cut it back for fear of NONE of them working and then losing the plant. I payed too much for that baby, lol.
Thanks Michelle,
Jen

Ocean Springs, MS(Zone 8b)

Jen, what I do with my blue sky vine is when we get the first frost I cut it back to about six inches from the ground and then I heavily mulch it and next spring after the last frost I remove all the mulch and it starts growing back again, this has worked for me the last three years.

Vi

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

Well hi neighbor, i'm in gulfport. Do you know DonnaB and JanetOS? They are both in Ocean Springs.
What do you do with all the cuttings?
Jen

Ocean Springs, MS(Zone 8b)

Hi Jen, no I have never met Donna or Janet, I have only been a member since July, as for the vines I don't do anything with them because mine come back every year.

Vi

Pinellas Park, FL(Zone 9b)

I haven't tried to propagate my corkscrew vine as yet but with the snail vine, I have had success with water using a bit older vine. I found the tip cuttings tend to rot before rooting. The other easy way is to lay a runner on the ground and pin or weight it down so some of the leaf nodes are contacting the dirt and they will form roots where the contact is made.
Jan..

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.