Local Weather Part II

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

ladyanne, here are a couple more discussions on humidity/dew point: Hang in there! It is a difficult subject to grasp. One of these has a place where you can ask questions (the 2nd one, I think).

http://www.usatoday.com/weather/whumdef.htm

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/meteorology/temp-dewpoint/

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Hi John. I don't really understand any of this, BUT...being an old Florida cracker, anytime the humidity falls below 50%, my gills dry out! *giggle*
Pati

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Hi, Pati. I know what you mean!

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Jan, What you found was funny heehee
But what you were looking for was also somewhat funny:
>"browsing for some earthworm artwork"< ????
Expecting to find what? LOL

Merced, CA(Zone 9a)

Janet, that was really weird. I feel for his mum, lol!!

John, guess that wasn't right, huh? Ok, won't give up, going to explore the links, thanks!!

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Partly right. But then, I got confused! ;-)

El Cajon, CA(Zone 10a)

cang !! the pond thing..why do you think we
''escaped'' lots of nutty people over there [they are actually called eccentrics]..and you guys do not have them over here? [ not that we have noticed ?]
the last one we saw was from Scotland [news report] slithering around with a leopard skin on...should keep the wild animal lovers happy!
they are lowering their expectations it seems with the worm! :))
Are you having a better day Darius..

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

Blooms . . ..I'm not too nutty (kinda thought about that after I posted). I have a mthod to my madness. . .a long time gardening friend is moving to Montana and several of us are doing a memory quilt for her. She is a vermiculturist (don't know if that's the proper terminolgy. . LOL) and was trying to find a cute earthworm pic. . .

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

Blooms- I just read Janet's earthworm post and had the exact same reaction!!!!

Next question is: What might a cute earthworm pic look like? I have to see this!

Sounds like a neat quilt- your friend will love it I am sure!

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Made it up to 75* @ a low of 46* and lotsa sunshine!! Pose to cool off in the next few days, highs 40s, lows 30s. A little rain. Ok with me. Better than Julys 100s and dew points in the 70s. Me and the plants don't like either one!

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

33.1* and falling, 71% & riseing, hopeing for another good day tomarrow, got four more pallets striped for lumber today & will start building the first of three planned raised beds in the morning.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

41.7°, 75% - sunny

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

62*, 75% sunny
Dyson, where do you find the degree symbol on your keyboard? Or are you a Macky?
I have Windows XP. Since this is the main place I want to use it often, I thought I'd ask here. Darius tried to help me once, but I couldn't get here suggestions to work.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

ascii - Hold down the alt key and type 248 = °, 171 = ½, 172 = ¼ the symbol appears when the alt key is released.

I' m just not holding my mouth right, thanks anyhow.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

don't type in the = sign - sry bout that.

Merced, CA(Zone 9a)

Jan, get your rain gear on. This looks like a heavy rain headed our way with some hefty snow to our east. An indoor day!

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

10 ayem: 40*, 36* for a low.... 58% humidity. calm before storm. white sky, mountains stark blue and white, so uninvitingly cold looking up there.
Lights on in the daytime, there goes the power bill.!
Moab is in an area predicted to get snow showers __ translate, somewhere in the area some one will see some snow.

heehee hope it's not me. I got all the sunflowers lining the garden cut down and choped up yesterday. Woulda done it last week, but on the nice sunny day I chose to go out there all the LGB's [little grey birds] were busily chomping on the seeds - so I left them be. So now I have one more rather large patch in the way back corner that still needs cleaning up.

El Cajon, CA(Zone 10a)

You guys are sending your rain showers and storms down here again from central Calif..we don't want them...what happened to our gorgeous weather and sunshine....its over mommy !!!!!! [ and cold again !]

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

Drizzling here and cool but I welcome the heavy close day inside.

Merced, CA(Zone 9a)

Peterson, I am SO sorry!!!! Really. Honest. BUT, there is hope, cause we got SUN shine now. It's cold but it's sunny! Wait, wait.....well......darn, it WAS sunny for a second there. Sorry!!!

El Cajon, CA(Zone 10a)

Ladyanne you are not sorry, you are just saying that to make me feel better..sigh..
...well, guess what sun came out here too for a wee while but has gone again, real dull, cold day..rain has not arrived yet..they are now saying only chance of rain which means it will POUR !!!! [smile] could be worse like a foot of SNOW !! :O

Merced, CA(Zone 9a)

The doppler looks as clear as a bell, so we are rushing outside for a bit, dressed to the teeth in coats, boots and hats. Honest, Peterson, I am sorry. I would never say so if it were not true. My mother would wash my mouth out!!

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Yuckky day here. Overcast and then light rain after about 2 pm. I don't get local weather on the sattelite so don't know what's coming.

El Cajon, CA(Zone 10a)

I believe you ladyannne, some may not but I do and I would hate to have your mom rinse your mouth out!! with soap?? horrible fate wuld not subject yu to that! :( enjoy your
day sounds like fun !!!!!
ps don't forget the brollies !

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

It's 50° w/44° dp and wind out of the south at 14 mph. . .been raining sideways about half the day with a break now and then. This should just about take care of the rest of the leaves on the trees. It's pretty dreary out and a good day to stay in. Cool on the degree sign help, Dyson. And sorry about sending more rain down south, but frankly, we can use all we can get, so we'd keep it here if we could.

Blooms and Daisy. . . I'm looking for some cartoonish type worm or earthworm drawing (I know, it's kind of funny) which will be incorporated into my square of the quilt. Maybe I should post over on the crafts forum, there's sure some talented people over there. .everybody stay dry. . ;-D Janet

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Hah, I saw earthworm artwork as a new artistic venue... like the elephant, or chimpanzee that did it. I could picture one crawling around leaving trails of color a la Disney.

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

Funny you mention that. . .this is one of the sites I landed on yesterday when I came upon that zany Brit:

http://www.redwiggler.com/fun_stuff.html

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

and i thught i made it up myself.... heehee

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Thats funny, Janet.

El Cajon, CA(Zone 10a)

whoops zany Brit...thought you were talking about me then realised you meant the earthworming person ... :)
ps dreary eve here, but we need the rain too so hogging it all right now...have to remember that we need it badly down here !!!

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

jcamgemi, somewhere I saw a drawing of a worm coming out of an apple wearing a top hat! Of course it wasn't an earthwworm, but he sure was cute.
Pati

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

53.1°, 83%, sunny

Merced, CA(Zone 9a)

The winds kept us up all night, but we have a clear and sunny, and cold, morning! Expecting to dip to 29 tonight, so some more tenders are coming in. My living room looks like a nursery.

Peterson, whatsa brollie?

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

You had more wind that we did Ladyannne. . .was pretty quiet here, but cold. . .suns out this morning, so won't need the brollie (umbrella) for awhile at least. . .outdoor therm says 38° right now, 33° dp. Supposed to get down to 27° in some areas early tomorrow AM. Better finish up my winterization this afternoon. . .just have to cover up some succulents.

A worm w/a top hat . . .that sounds cute patischell. . . .hard to remember where I see things too, what with hard print, surfing net, television. . . info overload for me sometimes. ;-D Janet

Merced, CA(Zone 9a)

Duh...ok, ok, I had only sipped on my first cuppa. Grinning. The weather channel now says 30, not the original feared 25 from a week ago. Brrrr....I can't fit three giant elephant ears in the house, and I know they will come back, but wow, that's cold. Are we spoiled or what? The wind was bad, and it was hard to not laugh a bit to watch the hummers sway in the wind in order to land on a feeder for dinner. Going to spend the day playing in the shop, can't decide between the building the camping box or stained glass.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Low this morning 34* accompanied by a crispy layer of snow. No wind, but 75% humidity brings it to your bones. Ran out and took some fairy rose pictures. Yup, the real last blooms of summer. No sun yet but the ice fog should burn off soon.

LadyAnne, a brollie is a Brit's slang for umbrella.

This message was edited Nov 28, 2004 10:17 AM

Thumbnail by BloomsWithaView
So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Lovely photo, Blooms!

Wow blooms, Thats a pretty chilly picture.

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

That picture sure did wake me up! Goodness gracious- it is 62 here and I forgot that it was late autumn everywhere else.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.