Invasive Species by State Project

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Blooms, I'm more close to you in skills than Pville or Dyson. dah whats a spreedsheet, does it go on a bed?(;>)

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

good one sw

Pflugerville, TX(Zone 8b)

lolol....I nominate Sidney as our official mascot and spokes sheet.

Dyson,

I reposted the links here from the other thread. What about the other stuff? Do you think it is useful for me to continue to paste into here to have it all in one thread? Terry also offered to move that whole thread from the seed trading forum over to this forum as a separate thread. Not sure that would make much difference since we would still have to flip to another page to reference it, but on the other hand I don't want to clutter this one up too much by copying a lot of those posts into this one. What do you think?

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

What makes you think Sidney's kidding Dyson? I sure wouldn't be.
Am sure I couldn't make one, not sure if i've ever seen one.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Pville it is good that you have brought the links here - Now (this is an idea only and Iam looking for some input here) what if I were to start a threat titled "tree of heaven" in this forum. bounced back here got the pertinante links and put them in the new thread. then edited my enty in the pdb to also read "please see the "tree of heaven thread" in the garden foes forum? No link in the pdb to disturb the editors - but a clear direction to the information?

I think I like the idea. We could have this thread (retitled if I get Equilibriums permission) as sort of an umbrella thread and then have other threads in this forum for specific plants. Sidney has already started one for Ox-eye. caron had a good idea to. Look at her her comment entry for rue at http://davesgarden.com/pdb/go/31918/index.html Putting it in as a negative and formatting it as a list or multiple paragraphs makes it stand out pretty well.

Do you think I should have Terry move the entire "Is it legal" thread to this forum or should I continue pasting the posts that are relevant to invasives in general into this thread and start new threads with posts from there that are specific to a particular spieces?

Sounds good to me, Dyson.

Sidney...would like your opinion on my last post too :-)

Let Terry move that puppy. You've done so much and it's less time intensive for her to do it. Oh, that was several post back.
I had thought about renaming this thread also.
caron's post under "rue" is great. let's see more like that.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Have Terry move the thread to this forum and lets thank her for doing so. I am going to go through everything so far and implement a Tree of Heaven thread and will include links, copies of eradaction schemes etc. also noted this evening beside the parking lot at the factory where I work is a dense forest of this species, and I do mean DENSE FOREST I will try to get some good pics. - Dyson

Caron - well done indeed and we all need to remember that the post in the PDB that gets to that plant first stays at the top where it can be found first i.e. my tree post is way down the page but then people have been commenting on this plant for quite a while.

Dyson,get good close-up of folage so we can really identify it please.

ok...I have asked Terry to move the "is it legal thread over as a thread to the Garden Foes forum. I don't want to ask her to change the title of this thread though without Equilibrium's permission, since she was the originator of the thread......Equi....where are you?

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

You can't miss this tree it is everywhere here and I mean everywhere, I really have to wounder if kudzu could even stop it's advance?

Closeups are a trick w/my current, dc will try.

I caan wait untilafter Christmas

^Can you tell I was asleep when I wrote that one?^

This message was edited Nov 18, 2004 11:27 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.