Let's Post our favorite pictures from this season!Pt 5

Hixson, TN(Zone 7a)

Here it is I heard through the Grape Vine or Daylily Spread someone is having problems with Part 4 being so long it will not load! So a new beginning for all our Diva's Pics to get us through the gray Blahs of winter!!!!

Thumbnail by cceamore
Hixson, TN(Zone 7a)

Ace hardware clearance DL

Thumbnail by cceamore
Hixson, TN(Zone 7a)

here is another to chase your blues away.

Thumbnail by cceamore
Hixson, TN(Zone 7a)

My fav no name DL

Thumbnail by cceamore
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Wow, that has a lovely eyezone!!!!

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

I posted this picture on the old thread, My Pleasure Rose is still blooming... one full blown, a bud, and a partially open - which also shows the trees on my property in fall's dishabile.

Thumbnail by BloomsWithaView
Hixson, TN(Zone 7a)

Blooms-
I am glad you posted it here too because boy is it pretty!
Hemlady -
Thank you for complimenting my little orphan since I don't know her name or parentage but I love her very much. I think she is one of the prettiest Daylilies I have.I like her color because it is very vibrant. You have made me happy!!:)

Thumbnail by cceamore
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

You are welcome ocean. I think she is very lovely.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

here is one of mine-lizzy my garden helper

Thumbnail by notmartha
Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Ohhh, so cute, Dori!

Keep the pics coming, I love computer gardening. My nails are looking much better.

My favorite yellow is unnamed too.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Lizzy can come bloom in my garden anytime she wants to! What a cutie!

Susan

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

What a sweetie pie ~ I love that mop of hair, too!

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Here's one of my favorites from this summer.... because they were all new and they all took hold so good.

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

beautiful photo, Blooms. Are those snapdragons?

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Nope, on the left and front is Veronica 'Red Fox' Centered with a sort of wing thing going on and what you prob think is snaps is Prunella Glomerata... The Blue with the bent neck is a.... forgot what we decided it was. mayhap another veronica sorry, brain fog.

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Well, they're very pretty....I added them to my wish list! Thanks for the names....if you think of the other, please post? Thanks!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Veronica and Prunella, huh? Sounds like Cinderella's evil stepsisters.

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Gingerjar, I think this unnamed daylily looks a little like your Thumbelina's Carriage. Dori, your little Lizzy is adorable! I hope my grandbaby to be has a head of hair like that! Blooms, isn't the blue one with the bent neck an Obedient plant?

Thumbnail by trunnels
Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

OO. Nice sharp photo. What are the purple red flowers in the background, trunnels? Are they phlox? Nice combo.

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

keep um coming so pretty on these rainy days

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks, Boojum. The red flowers to the back left are Texas Sage and there are some of those behind the daylily as well. The ones behind that are kind of a fuchia color are Amazon Dianthus. It is apparently a very new plant, hard to find. This was my first year with it and it was just beautiful. Hope it comes back in the spring.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Terrie, hmmm hadn't heard of Amazon Dianthus, I do have good success with dianthus so I'll be waiting to hear in the spring if they mae it thru the winter. And that's a pretty little 'no name' DL. ya gotta love 'em all. ;))
I left a Texas sage at ~'Spins this spring when I came home 'cause I became convinced it wouldn't survive here. Does it freeze where you are? 8 doesn't sound like it.

Here's a happy picture on this cold, grey, clouds almost touching the ground day. Wild four o'clocks and mexican hats dancing in the sun.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Isnt this like a postcard!

Thumbnail by notmartha
Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Yes Yes, and to see them growing that closely packed just wonderful. I'd say a note card with that photo. Well done. Good choice. Fairly glows on the screen as the light dims even further outside. Gloooom.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

co-op lily!

Thumbnail by notmartha
Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

oooh NotMartha... I like that lily. Does it set bulbils at the leaf joints?

Is that an established mum or something just came home for the fall? Any fragrance?

I've got some that is just... intoxicating. Warm afternoon and the fragrance will make you find something or someone to hug. Reminds of honey, cream and cinnamon.

This is one of my favorite pics from this season. I had been trying to get some cosmos from sister to grow and for some reason no luck. One day this summer I was looking out across the yard and wondered what that pink was in the middle of the larkspur. Even better yet was that Pam (sister) had just recently passed so I figured she finally showed up to visit.

Thumbnail by 8ftbed
Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

8ft, I have no problem accepting that premise. How nice of her to let you know she was all right and that you would be too.

Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

This picture is special because I like volunteers. I grew these love-lies-bleeding last year except I had to stake them. They were up to 5' and ropes 2' long. I noticed a purple seedling this spring, knew it wasn't a weed and let it go.

Not a big specimen type but I love the volunteer that grows in spite of me.

Thumbnail by 8ftbed
Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

I love the volunteers that pepper my yard with unexpected plants. The ones that come from seed that is - as those are easily removed if I don't want them taking over. Will give the Amaranth family a shot at my garden this coming spring. LOL ~Blooms

Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

Thanks Blooms.
Now about that blue one? I'm thinking like Trunnels that it's an Obedient (gooseneck loosestrife) except I don't think I've seen a blue one before. You'll have to let us know if it behaves or spread real quick. I think I could put up with a blue one for awhile. It took awhile but I finally banished my white ones.

Hixson, TN(Zone 7a)

Blooms_ I think that is a salvia at least it looks just like my salvia and it is well behaved.
Celeste

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

YEP, That's what it was - it caused a discussion befoe when I called it a Veronica spicata which is was NOT it was a Salvia, though I have again forgotton its specific name. BRAIN FOG

This message was edited Nov 20, 2004 6:17 PM

Mansfield, TX(Zone 8a)

Trunnels, in my estimation, you are a master at garden design. What a lovely, lovely photo. I would love to see the rest of your garden.

Adeline

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Adeline, you are very sweet but I am far from a master. LOL Still learning here. I'm just like everyone else on Dave's, OBSESSED! If you check threads I have started, there is one called something like "a few pictures of my garden." I think I am as obsessed with photographing my garden, too!
Terrie

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

That's OK with us as long as you share the pics!

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

How about gorgeous blooms OUTSIDE their gardens?
The Kentucky Round Up!

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers
Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

And one of my favorite IN garden pics....

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers
Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Wow, you guys had a great group, Wanda!

Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

Can I cheat?
There's lilys coming into bloom in the background. You just gotta get past what the DW calls the 'hunk-o-rust'.

Thumbnail by 8ftbed
Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

Blooms, here's some amaranth from 2003

~ didn't take it for some reason ~

This message was edited Nov 22, 2004 9:24 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.