HELP......NEED TO KNOW.....

North Port, FL(Zone 9a)

hi everyone....its been a long i know....life is gettin back on track.....

i need help identifying what crape myrtle seeds look like....i have a crape myrtle bush that was given to me after the hurricane from a special friend. i see the PODS now but not sure what the seed looks like inside.....i don't want to throw away anything if its a possible seed, i have alot of pods and if i have the seeds ill have alot of them and will be able to share WITH ANYONE WHO WOULD LIKE SOME......

im gettin back to gardening now....i got bit very bad by fire ants and was sick for awhile because i had bit so many times. what an initiation to FLORIDA......3 hurricanes and FIRE ANTS.....dang, please cut me some slack.....

would love to share with anyone once i know what the seed looks like.....

you can either email me kotweety@comcast.net or respond here....

thanks for all the help..hopefully i can start getting my gardens back in shape and start sharin with yall.....

thanks

luv ya
cindy

Did you lose any plants in the hurricane?

dstartz

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

Here ya go Cindy. . .just stepped out my front door, Crepe Myrtle seed pods and seeds...so sorry about all the trouble. . .hurricanes were enough . . .and then fire ants. . . eeeeuu. . . .hope you;re all better now ;-{ Janet

Thumbnail by jcangemi
Merced, CA(Zone 9a)

Perfect, Janet! I am starting to take pics of my seeds as I harvest them, but still have a LOT of questions on some plants!

Thumbnail by ladyannne
North Port, FL(Zone 9a)

thanks for the /GREAT pics...this sure helped alot.....

i lost all my plants in the hurricane......which really upset me.....now im startin from scratch again,.....

thanks for the help...

luv ya
cindy

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

I have "Tuscalero" Crepe Myrtle seeds Deep watermelon in bloosom color. Let me know.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Hey Cindy,

Sorry abuot the hurricanes. I had a couple of friends this year who sustained damage to their homes and gardens with the hurricanes. I feel for ya!

The seeds on crape myrtles are like helicopter propellers and there are several in one seed pod. When the seeds are ripe, the pods will split open like orange slices. Leave the pods on the trees until they split. Then you can gather them.

They're easy to grow, just stick 'em in warm, moist soil. I have a few that come up each year just from falling off my trees.

Good luck to ya.

NancyAnn

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.