Which Lily are you eagerly awaiting bloom of next year?

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

After planting and planting and planting and (well you get the idea), I have a couple that I am anxious to see bloom. For me this year it's a couple of Orienpets......Midnight from the Lily Garden and Triumphator from the Lily Nook.

Do you have any new ones that you're counting the days to see in bloom?

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Brenda, since the lilies I bought this year are my first ones ever, I am looking forward to seeing them all. I bought:
LA Lily "Desert Song"
Asiatic Lily "Tropical Dream"
Oriental Lily "Tom Pouce"
Asiatic Lily "Endless Love”
Lilies "Sky Blue"

Mendy :^)

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

I got Desert Song as well, Mendy. It sure looks creamy-delicious in the pics, doesn't it?

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Orienpet 'Georgette'.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

'Midnight' for me too. And 'Blackjack'. And 'Royal Sunset'....

For me it's a white martagon and Black Beauty, Tiger Babies from Broots, and Silky Belles that I'm most anxious to see. And of course all the other new ones that came this year from trades or purchases.

Englishtown, NJ(Zone 6b)

I can't wait to see Midnight, Silk Road and Black Jack. Actually, to tell the truth, I can't wait to see any of the new ones I got in the ground this year. The suspense of having to wait kills me every time!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

all of em! ;)

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Silky Belles.....oooooohhhh those are pretty. I just remembered I ordered Creamy Belles from the MN Lily Society bulb sale this past week.

Come spring I am going to treat myself to a few that I keep missing. They are not that spectacular or new, but I've ordered Raspberry Ripple and lost it somewhere, ordered Marseille and never got it and also Virginia, that was Alicia when it bloomed. So will try those if I can find them and I know as I look for them i'm going to see a lot more temptations. Like Northern Carillon and Arabesque and if I get my hands on Leslie Woodriff. Should have shopped smarter at the MRLS sale.

Mooresville, NC(Zone 7a)

I can't wait to see all of them. My garden is brand new this year and I have put so much stuff in the ground! When spring and summer comes, I will probably die of sensory overload. In case that happens, you may direct my heirs to plant me right there among the lilies....

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

LOL Ivory....that would be a grand way to "rest in peace" wouldn't it?

Echoes. I just saw Leslie Woodriff on the Lily Auction website this morning and was really considering getting some. I had self-restraint though and didn't order it. Nov. 1st and I still have 44 more Lily bulbs to plant! Rain, rain, go away......

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Brenda, just recd. my last 2 orders today. They are in the ground waiting for spring!

4--orienpets
12 orientals

enough!! Will see Barbara Thursday at luncheon and she will have some more bulbs for me from her garden. We always try to give each other bulbs that the other doesn't have. I think she is now over 1000 different bulbs.

Maxine

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

WOW! 1000! She must have some acreage I'm guessing. My little suburban lot wouldn't hold 1000 bulbs plus my daylily & iris. lol

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Wow, Maxine! It sure would be hard to surprise your friend!

Brenda, Sorry it's taken me so long to respond to you....darn school and homework...I want to play!! Yes, Desert Song does look creamy-delicious! It reminds me of orange sherbet....YUM!

Silly me, I forgot that I also ordered Avonlea, Blackjack, and the Stardust collection from the Lily Garden. I'm really excited to see Avonlea! Was tempted to get 'Marilla' too....they'd go together. Wonder if they'll have an 'Anne' and a 'Matthew'? I'd just have to get the whole collection then! :-)

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

Black Jack and Cathedral Windows i not only want to see them bloom i want them to survive i planted in wire baskets .every year moles gophers or imps get them and i have not nary a one come growing time .

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Think Barbara has 2 city lots as she lives near a suburb of Minnapolis.
Very intensive gardner.

Maxine

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Really! What suburb?

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

I will tell you after I get her permission. OK??

Maxine

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

No problem. I get up there every so often and would love to swing by and see it, even if it's only from the street!

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

I'll have to go get my atlas out. I thought Nebraska was many miles away from Minnesota. We go to MSP for the weekend from Winnipeg. Actually, didnt go this summer. We were slightly worried about black helicopters. NALS was in St. Louis this past summer but AIS is meeting there in 2005 . Am looking forward to that!!!
Ginny

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Black helicopters?? MSP is about 6-1/2 hours away. 420 miles, all interstate. I lived there for 15 years and my son goes up to visit his Dad (my ex). Maybe one day you, Maxine and I can have a get together at her friends! LOL What do you think Maxine?

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Sounds good to me. I don't drive well in large cities, but have directions for the back way in that is not so busy.
I drive all the time for our county, but only to Menomonie and Eau Claire. Although Eau Claire is growing by leaps and bounds!
Guess I am used to it as I have driven there for many yrs.

Maxine

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

A Minnasota roundup? Bet we could get Echoes to that one. Lts and lots of lily gardens to visit there. Don't think she would enjoy my elderly 50 MPH max VW though.

Lilies I'm waiting to see bloom are some tiny pink auralians from Lily Nook. They had better grow well.
Ginny

We would definitely have to be wearing red hats for that trip. Pink auralians, I can't wait. Maybe they need a better spot?

B

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Uh-oh.....I hear a poaching event coming on......! LOL

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

I must have missed those. They cancelled my Nepalesse and dang it, I was looking forward to seeing those bloom next yr.
A friend had sent me a picture of her one and only blooming this summer and I was hooked.
Don't think it takes much to hook me on lilies!

Oh yes, Barbara knows at least 2 if not 3 iris growers in the twin cities.
When would you wish to meet? Iris blooming or lily blooming?

Maxine

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Well, I'd have to vote for lily blooming. School would be out by that time and a trip to Minne would be in order. I just have to see what 1000 lilies looks like!

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Please take pictures of 1000 lilies... I would love to see that!

I look forward to Tiger Lily(from Wanda: THANK YOU), stargazer, dwarf mona lisa, and lavender joy. (mona lisa is the one that was budding and I pinched the buds off... ouch that hurt...lol)

I wasn't able to get the silk road this year, Moby, but plan on gettng it next spring...

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

oh bummer.....

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

yeah... I wanted it, but there is always next year... I am really grateful for all I do have and am off to a good start.. at least I now have flower beds... and plants... at the beginning of summer... I had very little indeed... you know the best thing of all??? I found DG's and all of you!! I enjoy all of your pictures every day... and each year I will make a bit more progress...

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Hey Tazzy--planting lilies and none come up?
Are you sure the DG poaching society didn't drop by?

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/463305/

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Wanda, we would never steal from our own!! Would we...?

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Hmmm..

Oriental "Dubonette" does very well here, as does "Muscadette" My favorite, though, is "Futura", an OT hybrid, followed by "Silk Road", also OT hybrid. Oriental-Trumpet hybrids seem to have high heat tolerance and do especially well in our climate. "Chianti" is my favorite Asiatic. Picture attached is "Futura" in my garden, which bloomed here on June 12.

Thumbnail by SteveIndy

Simply beautiful, Steve! Thanks for sharing it.

How yellow is Futura? It looks like that creamy yellow I love!

My plan was to look up all these lilies this winter, but the thread and the names got longer than I can handle! I want everyone to post pics of any lily they have mentioned. NOW. (Not too demanding!) I'll start with "Georgette."

Thumbnail by boojum
(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

That Futura is gorgeous. The spring list is growing already.

PICTURES, PICTURES!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAA!! I WANT PICTURES TO KEEP ME WARM!!!!!!

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Aww thanks mgh and lilyfan :-) Boojum - it was much yellower than I expected, though not a deep yellow color. I would say "creamy yellow" is accurate..kind of like butter. It looked more faded in the catalog than it turned out to be, and didn't fade at all in our hot summer climate. The one in the picture was in its second year here, and was much bigger than in the first. Below is "Dubonette" that I got from B&D...it is a straight Oriental that bloomed in the same time frame as futura. Picture was taken in early June of this year here. It looks similar to "Stargazer" but is darker, bigger, flatter, and more outfacing, and is unaffected by heat. I ordered a bunch more of those as well as Futuras. BTW - is that an Oriental, boojum? I heard yellow was a fairly new color for them.

This message was edited Nov 6, 2004 10:13 AM

Thumbnail by SteveIndy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.