I gotta interview!

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom

Middlesbrough Adult Education Service rang me this morning. They need someone to teach Digital Imaging, once, maybe twice a week. I need more work than that, but maybe it would lead to more? Anyway, I have an interview at the end of next week.

Fingers crossed...

Weymouth, Dorset, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

I've got everything crossed for you, hope it goes well.
Have you ever thought of doing youth work, as a coach or tutor, not just the general day to dayrunning. It might be an area worth checking out.

Well, I might put something together using my storytelling ideas. Storytelling is increasingly used to help literacy. I'm also just putting the finishing touches to a job application in the local libraries -just temping to provide cover during staff absences. I've commented that I'd be keen to help with programmes for the youngest readers.

Mount Prospect, IL(Zone 5a)

Great, I'll keep my fingers crossed too! even my eyes if that would help. Go for it until something better comes along. Who knows, once you start working, thats when you will probably hear from all the other places you applied at!!

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

Good luck with this one Diane.

El Cajon, CA(Zone 10a)

All the best Diane...

Thank you all! I'll have to look out the dreaded black suit again.

All the best with this one Northerner!

Thank you Baa! It's only a few hours' work though. I'll need more than that to pay my household bills. Okay for starters, but not permanently.

Unless you build up your storytelling etc too
Not all your eggs in one basket 'n' all that.....

Yes, I'm trying to build up my storytelling. My engine driver's cap and my train whistle would be great for opening a performance!! I could take my listeners on a wonderful voyage!!!

Yes, very true - you seem to have the gift ;)

Thank you Philomel! Just 7 hours to go to my interview. Gonna have a bath and wash my hair first though. Got the black suit all ready. Hmm, must polish these shoes...

Good luck :~)

How didi it go yesterday at the interview? Hope it went well, and that they offered you something.

Disappointing. I had my interview last night. It went well mostly. Chris Kemp had a form where he was ticking off the classes that I might be able to teach if vacancies occurred. Lots of ticks. He said he thought there might be vacancies occurring. Sadly, the email I had from him this morning stated that the position had gone to a professional photographer. Not much that I can do about that, it's an appropriate choice. I've emailed back to thank him and ask to be put on the contact list for future vacancies.

I'm going home to do a washing and ironing. Will probably take a day out tomorrow to clear my head. I was hoping to go onto the next stage of my teaching course. Looks like I may have to do my teaching hours on a voluntary basis.

El Cajon, CA(Zone 10a)

try not to get too discouraged something will turn up...just keep trying, there has got to be a break sooner or later...

Bad luck Northerner - but I second peterson - chin up :)
Just the right opening will pop up soon

Sorry to hear that , but I'm a great believer that it's happened for a reason. That you didn't get it because there's something better round the corner.
if you're off for a stroll this weekend, don't forget to take us with you please, could do with a good day out.
Take care.
Sue

Thank you all. Don't see me having a stroll this weekend though - poor weather. I had a trip up to Nature's World yesterday afternoon, then up to Plantarama to chat with my friend Jane. Today I'm just heading over to Stockton-on-Tees, will look at the market and have a lunch somewhere.

We don't mind dragging along behind you when you go around locally! We'll even go shopping and go to lunch with you!
It's too bad you have to waste your talents volunteering, but surely sooner or later you will come to the attention of the right person who would have been looking for someone with the education background you have attained these past few years. Doris

I'm not volunteering till after Christmas Doris. My home is terribly untidy, and so is my garden. I'm playing catch-up!!! After Christmas, well we'll see.

I went to Stockton-on-Tees, had quite a pleasant day. Had lunch at a cafe run by volunteers, called Feed a Child. The profits go to help children in Rumania. What a great idea! It was cheap too. Then popped along to the Arc (arts centre) where there were some musicians playing. Walked around Stockton for an hour or so - just enough to work up an appetite for some chocolate cake, then on to the library, where I played on their puters for an hour or so. Not a bad day.

Sounds like you had a nice lazy enjoyable day!

Certainly did! I don't generally go as far when the weather isn't up to scratch though.

El Cajon, CA(Zone 10a)

Diane do you have to talk about chocolate cake ?????????????? :(((((
not fair !!!

Lovely chocolate cake!!! Don't go to as many gorgeous places during the winter season though. Grey, damp, cold weather here. Missing my jaunts on the North York Moors. Got a touch of cold. Scratchy throat, COUGH COUGH. :(

El Cajon, CA(Zone 10a)

you do like to rub it in don't you...well, to be on the cheerful side, I hope you feel real good soon and you can gorge yourself on all that lovely choc cake again [ :) ]

Hmmm, chocolate cake sounds good! White icing? Its nice to bake a cake on a nice dreary day. Makes the whole house smell nice! You guys have gotten me in the mood for CAKE!

El Cajon, CA(Zone 10a)

I am in for getting my own back...well, where do I start..the weather.. we are having the most gorgeous bright blue skies, loads of sunshine, warm, sunny, since we had this last rain the smog is all gone, can see for miles, my garden is a treat for the eyes, the plants are dancing in the sunlight and the Christmas camelias are loaded with the brightest red blooms, they have never looked lovlier [ sounds like a title from a movie]...what !!
seriously, I do have a choc. ice cream cake ordered for our son for Saturday [belated birthday]..with choc. fudge ice cream...only I cannot have any [ boo-hooey]..truth is now I am used to this..can even stand hubby feeding his face in front of me on a chocolate bar..so hope you all enjoy your choc cakes... happy baking... :))

Sheesh! Windows steamed up, most of the leaves off the trees and on the ground. No frost last night, but 30 degrees right now. I'm afraid to go out and check the poor cowering plants in the unheated greenhouse.
And you, with a chocolate fudge ice cream cake! Sigh.

Well, we have had a sort-of sunny day here today. Very cold though and the ground looks so soggy it would take weeks to dry. No chocolate cakes today. I may pop along to a book do tomorrow, an event to promote books, with some storytelling. If I can find my way there, that is. Hmm.

Poured most of yesterday here, but it's been the most glorious sunny day today. Not cold ......yet

No choco cake either lol
Just can't describe how beautiful the sky is at the moment (well, I'll try). Sun is setting and it goes from soft turquoise to pale yellow, to pink, down to purple (very muted) and then to soft powder blue haze in front of the Pyrenees. And there are huge flocks of birds circling between us and the Pyrenees - migration is well underway!

Hope you enjoy the book event and storytelling Diane :)

If I get there Philomel!!

El Cajon, CA(Zone 10a)

wish I could share Djm...but remember it is very fattening and not good for you [I know who cares]....well, I won't be gaining any at this rate !!!!!! [ will try and send a pic ..will that do instead ?]
Just keep plugging Diane one of these days we wil be hearing the good news !!!!!

I hope the good news come sooooooooon!

What a wonderful early Christmas gift that would be to have someone contact you to let you know they want and need you!!! ( Be neater if they offered you a chocolate cake too!)
Yeah, I now that chocolate cake is not good for me either as I am "supposed" to go on a cardiac diet, but keep putting off starting, always next week, etc.
So Diane, you see how important your jaunts are for some of us, helps keep us on the straight and narrow! Did you get to the book promotion?
Philo, Do you get winter weather there in France? I wish we would get a decent downpour here.

Yes, I got to the book promotion!!!! A lovely, sunny day - wished I could have been out in the country rather than rundown Eston!!! I wasn't quite sure how to get to the centre, so I got there a bit later than I'd intended. Only got to see one of the authors, but he was good. He writes maths books for children - funny ones! Apparently this chap appears on children's tv. He was really good!!! He palyed some number games, then did several conjuring tricks. You should have seen those children's faces as he called them out to the front to take part in his tricks!!!! What a joy on those faces!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.