Newest seed saver...

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

We just returned from our evening walk and as we were climbing the steps to the house, I noticed all of these seeds on PekeBoo's head from crawling around in the bushes! What a good little helper!

Thumbnail by Sequee
Central, KY(Zone 6b)

Good dog!! It's amazing how many seeds that fur can pick up outside.

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

good dogie .my cat only brings ,goat heads and stick tites in .Dogie should get chew toy .

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

GOOD Dog! My dogs only seem to STEP on my seed/lings! At 70 and 80 pounds they can wreck havoc on my efforts! LOL Pekeboo should put in for some bones for a trade!

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Last winter he ate about half a dozen squash, pepper and tomato seedlings I was growing in the sunroom, so he owed me! (Especially since I'd been yelling at the d#%$ cats for it!) This year I planted a low bed of grass in the hoped that they will leave MY seedlings alone! I'm SURE they'll just somehow know which is which...

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Hahaha! Great little 'helpers' - I have to keep my inside stuff like that in my bonus room so my son doesn't 'help' me!

He loves to grab the paper I am cleaning seeds on a jerk it too. Good thing we don't have a dirt floor in my house!

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Actually, that would probably be a good thing! Just imagine the surprise garden you would have!!!

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Cheap too!

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

A whole new meaning to the name mud-room! I WANT ONE!!!

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

I want to go home right now and finish cleaning my seeds!!! Last night I finally got into my Castors. I don't like cleaning those with the little one in the house.. My poor airhead Rottie kept sniffing around them last night and I kept saying NO! He will eat anything - he walks around the yard grazing like a cow. He's a very strange doggie! Listens very well but is so 'spacey'

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

PekeBoo thinks he's one of the kitties - he totally ignores me!

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Selective hearing huh? My DH and DS are both plagued with that!

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Don't let Rikerbear hear this, but I think it's a "male" thing!

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

Oohhhhh what a cute little "helper!"

Nicole...you have an "airhead rottie" TOO???! Cool! So do I! Mine doesn't eat the seeds...she smells the plants and then STEPS on them. :-D (Her name is Jasmine. We had another female rottie we called Petunia, but her original name with the first owner was "Dork!" - Her sister's name was "Sweetie" cuz she *was*.)

~julie~

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

PekeBoo's other name is baddogdammit - that's how I labeled the ornaments I had made up with his photo!

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

ROTFLOL

~julie~

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

You guys kill me!! Sequee I am glad this is your thread!! Well I just typed this long response and then hit some button and the whole .... thing disappeared!! Maybe I am the airhead Julie! LOL

Austin's nicknames are: Goofy, Fluffy, used most often - TRAIN WRECK! How anyone could have a mean Rottie is completely beyond my understanding.. Course we didn't take anything' off him as a puppy and I read books and learned from a dog trainer.. Anyway..

Sequee - didn't I see a pic of PekeBoo in another Thread? What a cutie!! OK - sorry to be a ham but I must post a pic of my dogs. The brown one is my sweet girl Kenai - she is a mixed breed and a rescue - left at a gas station as a pup. She is a really smart girl and a sweetheart but is addicted to toys!! Literally - she needs to be on some sort of anti compulsive drug.. Sorry to be rambling!

Is there an anti DG drug? No matter, I wouldn't take it anyway!!

Nicole

Thumbnail by ncgardenaddict
Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Funny you said that - as soon as you said "non compulsive drug", I was thinking, maybe she'd share it with you!!! lllol !

They are sooo sweet! Is she smart compared to the airhead - or REALLY smart? lol again!

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

No, she is REALLY smart - only she is also stubborn due to that. I say SIT and Austin sits like his life depends on it - she just looks at me (she KNOWS too) like, why?

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

I tell Boo to sit and he does a (very) brief touch down. He knows what he's supposed to do, he just has no patience for it!

PekeBoo is a total ham - I break out a camera and he immediately starts posing. Cracks everyone up! H-A-M!

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

Ahhhhh..."train wreck?" hahahaha I understand THAT! I think the males are notorious for that kind of activity. hehehehe A mean "rottie"? NO way! It's the people who own them and train them that make them mean. "Protective"? Now that's another subject altogether. I definitely would NOT want to be on the receiving end of a Rottie with a "mama" complex. (Jazz doesn't bark or get irritated when DH teases...she just gets up from the floor, and puts herself between him and me...OR me and him. hahaha She really doesn't like confrontation. :-D)

I think Kenai is a great 'buddy' for the Rottie...what a pair! (I just LOVE their smiles!)

~julie~

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Hee hee! Sequee, that is JUST like my girl! She will 'sit' but in reality her butt is not actually touching! I guess she thinks she could miss a 'fetch' that way!

Julie, Kenai was a year old before we got Austin. I wanted it that way b/c who knew how big he would get. He is small for a Rottie (80 lbs-dad was small) and she is 70. She is most certainly the 'momma' if he gets in her face she tells him about it. I tried rescuing a few other grown mixes but they bullied her- this has turned out perfect!

OK - got to get off here... :00(((((

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Doggie smiles are the best!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.