New for Fall....?

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

So what has everyone purchased this Fall for next year's eye candy?

Aside from the usual I got some Asiatics called Virginia and Rosa Linda that are kind of different. Also, some from Canada I'm anxious to see next year are Philos (asiatic), Royal Present (LA) and Red Dutch (orienpet). And last but not least from the coop, Chippendale and Duo (asiatics) and Midnight (trumpet). Luckily that's just the tip of my shopping iceberg this Fall. I sure hope to have a gorgeous display next year.

What are you all planting?

Flat Rock, NC(Zone 7b)

Oh, Brenda! Thanks to your co-op, and Melissa's, and Alice's, and Terre's,and Jerrie's, my yard is going to be more beautiful than I ever dreamed. I absolutely love every single thing I got-which was a lot-and it would be impossible to list it all. We're ALL going to have some beautiful stuff come next spring and summer. I can't wait!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I wish you hadn't asked because I really didn't want to have to think about that! LOL
Aside from the 73 daylilies that I've acquired this year, I have these lilies coming: Asiatic - Black Jack, Brushstroke, Cathedral Windows, Kiss Me Kate, Marribelle, Moxie and Royal Sunset. Oriental - Silk Road. Trumpet - Midnight.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Since it was so cold out this morning I've been working on getting together a list of things I've ordered for fall planting. I started this list a month or so ago when I realized I was going overboard and would need to know where to plant all this stuff I've ordered. After completing my list all I can say is

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!

Total lily bulbs ordered..... 155!!!!
Tulips....132
Daffodils.....40
Crocus/Colchicum.....134
Anemone......122
Allium......60
Muscari.......100

Plus some odds & ends. Boxes started arriving late last week and that is what prompted me to finish getting my list together with intended planting locations. I just realized I'm gonna need a warehouse to store these until I get all this planting done!!! I think I need some serious help.....this is more than a gardening addiction. I think it's a shopping addiction.

Oak Grove, MN(Zone 4a)

Oh Langbr! Your house must look like mine! Plants everywhere. Internet shopping makes it so easy, and then the boxes start arriving. And then the bills! But the best part is in the spring, when the flowers come up.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Sylvi -- I hope you're making progress on planting. I have not the last 2 days as my DD's bday was yesterday and I have a houseful of giggling girls this morning. Hopefully, today I'll be back outdoors doing what needs to be done. Still haven't figured out where all of these are going though. *sigh*

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

155 lilium. And I thought I was mad. Known around here as the lily Queen. Obviously overtaken by Brenda. Holy crow.

I've only a few to plant - about 20 or so. Lots are bulblets, as we sell baggies of bulblets for $1 at our sale. A good chance to buy lots if you can be patient for a year or so.
Pink Pixie
Mona
Martagon Album
Red Pixie
Winnipeg
Davidii
Pink Taurade -Martie
Castello
Morden Butterfly
Yellow Baby
Sun Pixie
Pisa
Cannes
Peachy Keen
Black Out
Crimson Pixie
Royal Lace
Evening Star
Samur
Dream
Fangio
Ripe Banana
Black Velvet
Katinka
Lav. BALLERINA

All the pixies are for the front garden in the city. This year Red Velvet (taller than me) was pulled out of front garden, bulb and all so now decided only pixies in the front. Maybe they won't get stolen. Saddest thing about Red Velvet was that I had a good seed pod there from pollen from New Zealand.

Inanda

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Ginny -

Wow, that's quite a list. I'm afraid I won't get these all planted. If that looks to be the case, I'll give some to my mother and try to recover some next fall. :-(

Here's my list....obviously some of these are 3 of each and 6 of each on the Pixie's.

Asiatic Lily 'Coral Sunset'
Asiatic Lily 'Desert Song'
Asiatic Lily 'Grand Cru'
Asiatic Lily 'Kiss Me Kate'
Asiatic Lily 'Tropical Dream'
Orienpet Lily 'Golden Stargazer'
Oriental Lily 'Casa Blanca'
Oriental Lily 'Goldband'
Painted Pixie (asiatic)
Rondo (asiatic)
Rosa Linda (asiatic)
Virginia (asiatic)
Lilium oriental 'Time Out'
Lilium OT 'Early Yellow'
Lilium OT 'Tarragona'
'Amethyst Temple'
'Iceberg'
'Kansas'
'Latvia'
'Lavendel'
'Philos'
'Red Dutch'
'Royal Present'
'Shirley'
Lily martagon
Lily Mrs. R.O. Backhouse
Lily pardalinum
Lily rubrum
Anastasia
Arabian Red
Ariadne
Blackjack
Chippendale
Duo
Golden Sceptre
Midnight
Tiber
White Butterflies
Latvia asiatic
Lilium candidum Madonna lily
Asiatic Lily 'Buff Pixie'
Asiatic Lily 'Italia'
Asiatic Lily 'Stones
LA Lily 'Samur'
Orienpet Lily 'Triumphator'

That's a terrible thing about the Red Velvet!! What kind of person steals someones lilies! Wanda?? Moby?? Hmmmmm...don't think any of them have been to Canada lately. LOL.

This message was edited Oct 3, 2004 12:02 PM

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Curses!! I confess to having stolen many seeds and such, but never a lily. Someone is surly going down to the firey flames for that one. Man, I suffer from Lily Lust, but not that badly!!

Nevada, IA(Zone 5a)

My lily list probably includes a lot of things you seasoned lily folks already have since I just started my garden this year. I've definitely been bitten by the lily bug (and the iris bug, and the daylily bug......).

LA/Asiatics:
Kiss Me Kate
Desert Song
Coral Sunset
Tropical Dream
Grand Cru
Cathedral Windows
BlackJack
Fangio
Algarve
Lollipop
and multiple orange, yellow & red pixie lilies

Orienpets:
American Heritage
American Style
American Dream
American Spirit
Golden Stargazer
Scheherazade
Leslie Woodriff
Silk Road
Anastasia

Orientals:
Merostar
Gold Band
Bergamo
Arabian Red
Tom Pouce
Stargazer

Trumpets:
Pink Perfection

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Oh...you have been bitten!

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

I've ordered:
Mixed Crocus
Rip Van Winkle Daffodil
Mount Hood Daffodil
Spring Starflower
Monsella Tulip
Fantasy Tulip
China Town Tulip
Eye of the Tiger Dutch Iris
Venustus Buterfly Tulip
Madonna Lily
Italia Asiatic Lilies

Oriental Lilies:
Summers End
Rosy Wonder
Pesaro

Trumpet: Summer Palace

Orienpet: Orania

Asiatics:
Cathedral Windows
Bali Hai

I'm like Brenda. I have NO IDEA where I am going to fit these in but I just couldn't help myself! These are just the bulbs! I have ordered and planted several perennials the last couple of weeks. I hope I still have money left for Christmas shopping!

This message was edited Oct 4, 2004 8:04 PM

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

CHRISTMAS shopping!!! I KNEW I was forgetting about something!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Oops? Think the kids will appreciate bulbs in their stockings?

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

out of the side of my mouth i say what kina kid would not like bulbs for Christmas ? And it will last longer than any toy ,its hard to break a blub the first hour after opening . Mine could and would tear up a Sherman tank in less than 15 min.s

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

LOL Tazzy!

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Hmmmmm.....my 2 yr old might just like that idea, but not the 14 or 11 yr old.

Oak Grove, MN(Zone 4a)

DARN those garden bugs! I have a problem with the "OOH that's a pretty flower" bug.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I seem to remember last week thinking I was about done planting for the year, then yesterday some bulbs I ordered from B&B Lilies arrived and today my co op lilies came. Then I remembered I had also sent an order to Jung's and those still need to come. And I think I have another bunch of co op bulbs coming from somewhere. Guess I better not put my shovel away yet!

The co op ones I ordered were these:

Midnight
Silk Road
Black Jack
Red Artiste (bonus)

The ones from B&D Lilies:

Red/White Trumphator an LO hybrid
Oriania an Oriental/asiatic hybid
Pink Oriental (bonus)

Better go get to planting!

Susan

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

I got the Triumphator too Susan. I really think it will be a beauty next year. I love the Orienpets -- they are just so gal-darned expensive though.

I cant remember all the names .but I spent about $ 100 of Kids inheritance .
I don't know why ? But I'm glad . Laughing in Mommy dearest laugh .

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Well I finished getting all the lily bulbs in the ground today and did a lot of the others last weekend. I'm waiting on the bulbs from Alice's coop to finish my planting (some of those were bought to go with others I have saved to plant). I planted a total on 76 lily bulbs today alone. Everything else was done last weekend.

I think that leaves me with ~80 tulips (most coming from Alice), 50 anemone, 75 muscari and about 30 lilies from Alice.

Then I can finally mulch and call it done for the Fall. *whew*

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Only a couple hundred more to go. That's good! I think..? 8)
Go Brenda!!

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Moby, isn't this perfect Lily poaching weather? Maybe we could look for a full moon night, pack our shovels and head for Langbr or Tazzy and "relieve" them of all that heavy digging.... MWAHAAAHHHH

MOBY

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Why, yes Wanda, it is! However a little closer to the full moon would be helpful. The Snakelight hanging around my neck tends to be a bit obvious to lookers-on.

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Y'all are too much... you make me tum hurt from laughing... s

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Always happy to provide you with a fresh dose of pain, Starr.

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Moby, You are just too kind, Bless your heart...

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

I got that fancy Bulb Auger and a new drill we talked about on another thread!!! Worked like a charm.....only problem was the dril was a bit more powerful than my grip so DH came out and drilled the planting holes after spying on me thru the window for a 1/2 hour or so. He had the holes done in less than an hour and I spent a couple of hours dropping in the bulbs, adding some peat to my gray clay, backfilling, marking and then writing down in my journal.

Feigned helplessness gets him every time!

Mooresville, NC(Zone 7a)

I bought the bulb auger this year too and it's fantastic. It helps to have a somewhat wimpy drill, I've found. Too much torque will wrench your shoulder from it's socket!

I haven't planted any of my lily bulbs yet, and I have about 70 daffodils left (Mom bought me The Works from White Flower Farm - 100 daffy bulbs - very nice size and quality),
not to mention the load I'll be getting from Alice's coop. The next few weekends are going to be All Bulbs All The Time.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

I know this isn't really the right place for this but figure this thread has a good audience of my DG friends....

If you've not been over to the COOP forum lately there is a Hardy Hibiscus coop going on until 10/31 for Spring shipment. $4.50 for a 2-footer and about 10 or 12 varieties to choose from.

This concludes the intrusion on this thread. :-D

(like Moby....I'm an enabler)

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Brenda,
You are bad, bad, bad!!

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Brenda, THANKS for the "intrusion". I had never been to the coop forum before... and LOOK AT ALL I HAVE BEEN MISSING!!!!!!!!!!!!... Well, at least I got in on this one. lol..

if any of y'all have more than you can plant... send them this way and I promise to be a good "foster mom" .... :))

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Good job, Brenda. Ya done me proud! LOL

I'm looking at over a hundred daffodils & Goodness knows how many lilles tommorrow. I pray that the weather & my back will hold out for just 2 lovely days.

Moby, did you say you were a pain?????

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Which time?? LOL

Well, fsr333 called you "kind" and I didn't want that statement to go unchallenged...

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

You KNOW she was just being very generous.

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Hey, she was not being generous, she was being a bit sarcastic cause Moby said 'happy to provide you with fresh dose of pain.... she's like that y'know...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.