grow bags

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

cricketstomato mentioned this item on the container gardening forum. i asked for anyone with experience with this bags to let me know how they like them. thought i'd put it on this forum to get more exposure. wqould like to know if, when the bags are filled if its possible to move them around by picking them up. thanks .

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

Herbie --- I used the grow bags last season. I bought the five gal. and two gal. size for growing plants and tomatoes on a large concrete patio. I was quite pleased with the results and you can move them as they are very strong. However I bought the plant trollies that are sold at Lowes and Home Depot thus making it unecessary to lift. I think they are great and a lot cheaper than pots! Also purchased the bags that you hang on the wall or a tree or wherever, the ones with the ten holes in them for inserting plants but didn't have any luck with those. Could never get enough water to the lower plants.

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

tplant - thanks for advice.. if you go into container forum you will see where cricketstomato posted a web site that sells those grow bags for about 50 cengts each. i will try them for next year and also the dollys.

Brandon, MS(Zone 8a)

I got the 5gal bags to hold roses temporarily this spring. If you carry them around too much they start to stretch out and tear at the top so a dolly is a good idea. I got 2gal bags too, they aren't heavy enough (when filled) to stretch the thick plastic. I got them from http://www.homegrownhydro.com and was very happy with them.
Natasha

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

trifunov - thanks for your info. i could'nt fine the grow bags on that website. i havre seen the 5 gallon size for about 50 cents

Brandon, MS(Zone 8a)

http://www.homegrownhydro.com/content/p/4/catid/76/Pots
I found them on the 'pots' page - the 5gal are $0.36 and the 2gal are $0.26
Natasha

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

trifunov - thank you. i will try them next season

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.