Callicarpa (beautyberry)

Norwalk, CT(Zone 5b)

I have heard of propigating beauty berry via cuttings, has anyone tried it wth the berries? Thanks, Susie

Columbia, SC(Zone 8a)

I have hundreds of them in my yard, the birds do it for me. It is a beautiful plant when the berries are purple (then the birds eat them all).

Norwalk, CT(Zone 5b)

Well at least I know it works, I'll try to get a few away from the birds (I've actually sprayed several plants with "Bitter Apple" and that seems to get them off) and give it a go. I'll keep you posted.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Any of those 'hundreds' of beauty berry plants available for trade or postage Ihughes???
I'd really really love a coulple (few) :-)

Columbia, SC(Zone 8a)

Sure, what'ya got? Some of mine are 2-4 ft tall and too big to ship, but there has to be some small ones out there.

Thumbnail by LindaSC
Columbia, SC(Zone 8a)

closer, the birds just love them

Thumbnail by LindaSC
Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

IHughes I'll 'message' you with a short trade list.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

IHughes, did you get my trade list I sent? Anything on it you'd be willing to trade for some of those Beauty Berry babies????

Columbia, SC(Zone 8a)

I looked around at the seedlings, and most of them are so big that I don't know if they would make it. There are still berries on some of the plants, would you be interested in them? I've never started them from seeds but it must be easy (judging from my yard).

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Why not....I'd be happy to give some of the seeds/berries a try.
Was there anything on my seed list you want to trade for?

Columbia, SC(Zone 8a)

I'll get you something together. Maybe a few small plants if I can find something small enough and some berries. I'll take a look at your list, but my yard is pretty much packed. I keep making the beds larger and the lawn smaller. I'm about down to some green paths between the beds.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.