Wintering brugs

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

can you keep Brugs growing through the winter in the house, I purchased some cuttings (I have in water) and a couple of plants with healthy roots, do I just keep them like other plants or is there something special I need to do

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

I would post this in the Brug forum.....I'm sure you'll get more advice than you could possibly want. LOL

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

You can keep them just like a regular house plant in the house over the winter,they just need a kind of rest period in the winter for about 6-8 weeks.

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

thank you crestedchik

Canadaigua, NY(Zone 6b)

What do you mean by "a resting period"?

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

I'm not a brug grower although I do have 3, and do not participate in the brug forum. However, mine have survived by putting them in the dark and cool basement along with a few other plants I let go dormant. I water about once a month so they don't fully dry out, and bring out in spring when nights stay about 50ºF. Worked for me in zone 6b.

Canadaigua, NY(Zone 6b)

I would like to let them keep growing in the house. Kind of get the double duty growing season, if ya know what I mean... What would happen if I just brought them in and put them in front of my bay window? Wouldn't they be fine and just keep growing? Mere

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

We are the renegade brug growers, Dar.

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

well it helps if they need a rest period, that is when I can take two weeks off to visit son in CT. I sure would not want them to die.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.