Lisianthus

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

Hi all, I will also post this onto the Annual forum, because I am not positive where it should go?
I have some lovely lisianthus that I would dearly love to overwinter in a pot somehow inside, then spring next year plant back outside in ground. Now my question is this: how would you treat them, basement, watering monthly, or would you think they would be in better lighting and considered more of a houseplant? Has anyone ever overwintered one inside? Thanks for anyone's help here, we are near our frost time and want to do something with these beauties that a dear friend sent me this year!!
Laurie

Cassopolis, MI(Zone 5a)

Quick I have some too!!!!! I was thinking that I should cut them back and dry the roots?????

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

OK Alice just sent me this link: http://www.dontveter.com/howtogrow/eustgran.html has anyone else overwintered and if so, does this sound correct?
Thanks everyone!!

Merced, CA(Zone 9a)

Laurrie, thanks for that link, I have gobs of trouble overwintering mine and love them.

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

lol, well so far so good, mine are in the LR and one is blooming, soon though they will head to the laundry room I think. They are sure pretty!
Have a great day!
Laurrie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.