Ivan worse than Frances in PA

Kylertown, PA(Zone 5b)

We got copious amounts of rain from both, but overall I think Ivan was much worse than Frances. Western Pennsylvania was FLOODED lastnight, and there were evacuations in my area. Thank goodness we live perched on the side of a hill. We only have a few damp cement blocks in our basement.

The wind blew all the plastic mulch off of my vegetable garden though. Shredded it, actually. I was just out picking up the pieces. Most of it is probably in the next county, but I picked up what I could.

Pittsburgh had terrible flooding yesterday as well. Anyone else here from PA? How did you fare after Ivan?

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Our area received 7.3 inches of rain last night, very little wind. We are in good shape at my place, the water continued downhill. (Rural area) We have electric. Other neighboring small towns don't. Harrisburg river (Susquehanna) expected to crest at 25/26 ft tomorrow or Monday Morning. They declared state of emergency. Evacuating some areas of Harrisburg and the west shore today. Curfew in effect for evac. portions. Some areas around me have water main breaks, cautions to boil water, some pump stations are shut down, down the road, residents must conserve water. Creeks are gushing bankful. Our family was indeed fortunate this time around.

markleysburg, PA(Zone 5a)

The governer has asked for federal help for 34 counties scattered from one end of the commonwealth to the other. A path of almost 350 miles wide here recieved heavy flooding. Worst flooding since 1996 in the Pittsburgh Point area.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.