Have: seeds of hot pepper species from the Andes Mts.

Santiago, Chile(Zone 9b)

Hello! I'm just back from a short vacation in Arica, Chile's most northern city, right at the border with Peru and not far from Bolivia.

As promised, I collected some hot pepper seeds from the Altiplano. They grow/produce year round in this rather dry area with lots of sun.

This is what I have:

- Aji Negro (Black Chile Pepper). Large slim very dark peppers. They are said to be quite hot (25 seeds per trade)*

- Ají Locoto (or Rocoto) (Capsicum pubescens), the traditional red, very fleshy not too big roundish pepper. Very hot! (25 seeds per trade)*

- GONE !!! Ají Locoto (or Rocoto) (Capsicum pubescens), red jumbo size (look like small bell peppers). Very hot! (5 to 10 seeds per trade - only have a few)

- GONE !!! Ají Locoto (or Rocoto) (Capsicum pubescens), the yellow species. Very hot! (5 to 10 seeds per trade - only have a few)

- Ají Cacho de Cabra (Goat Horn) (Altiplano version with large slim bright orange peppers) Said to be very hot. (25 seeds per trade)

- I also have seeds of the regular Ají Cacho de Cabra that grows in the Central Zone where I live. Large slim peppers, deep/dark red when ripe and quite hot. (25 seeds per trade)*

* You can have more seeds of these species upon request/availability.

Let me know what you have for trading. Once I finish trading these seeds and if there are seeds left, I will be glad to send free seeds to subscribed members that have nothing to trade.

IMPORTANT NOTES:

I mail my seeds either in padded mailers or in non-tearable envelopes generously protected with bubble-wrap. Before putting the seed in their individual baggies I wrap them in aluminum foil in order to avoid all the rattle and shuttle, thus unnecessarily calling for some authority's attention. This does not apply to 'soft' seeds such as Clematis, etc. I kindly ask my traders to do the same and make sure the mailer is as even (flat) as possible. Otherwise, seeds coming in to Chile will be confiscated and burnt. If you have to use the green customs sticker, please DO NOT mention seeds ("collectibles" or something similar will be fine).

I take pride in sending very clean seeds. No dirt, no chaff. Please do the same for me. Thanks.

Unfortunately I did not supply these requirements to a Dave's Gardener that sent me Peter Pepper (would love to have some!) and the seeds were confiscated by our authorities and will be either burned or sent back to origin.

So, who's first?

Edited to state which seeds are already spoken for.

This message was edited Sep 22, 2004 2:06 PM

Bethelridge, KY(Zone 6a)

Ursula,

I would love to try some Aji Locoto (Red jumbo size) and Aji Cacho de Cabra for my tomatoes if you have any interest.

I have (25 seeds each):

Granny Cantrell's German Red
Amish Paste
Lumpy Red
Abe Lincoln or
Santa Clara Canner

Please let me know.

Red

Santiago, Chile(Zone 9b)

Hi Red!

Are your tomatoes heirloom? Also, please specify what kind they are (for salad, to be cooked, etc.). And yes, I'm interested.

You are number 7 on my list.

Bethelridge, KY(Zone 6a)

Ursula, yes, all are heirlooms.

Amish Paste, red,8 to 12 ozs., great for salads or slicing, or for paste.

Granny Cantrell's German Red, pinkish/red, an heirloom from Kentucky, large (avg 1 lb.) slicer.

Abe Lincoln, red, medium, 10 to 16 ozs., a great slicer.

Santa Clara Canner, red, large, most over 1 lb., developed for the California canning industry in the 30's.

All have great, old fashioned flavor.

I forgot to let you know, I will be away for a couple of weeks on vacation and won't be able to complete this trade until the first of October. I hope this isn't a problem, just let me know what you want and I'll send out my seed as soon as I get back. Please email me your address, I'll do the same.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Ursula,
I'd love any and all of the peppers...I'm a chili head...and collect OP seeds.

I have tons of tomatoes and quite a few other things. The amount of seeds in the trade are fine with me.

I have many tomatoes....what types suit your needs best, and I'll get back with a list.

I'll dig around and see what other seeds I have that I may tempt you with.

Santiago, Chile(Zone 9b)

Red, which Cacho de Cabra do you want: the Andean orange variety or the Central Zone's deep red one?

I chose the following tomato seeds:

Amish Paste, red,8 to 12 ozs., great for salads or slicing, or for paste.

Granny Cantrell's German Red, pinkish/red, an heirloom from Kentucky, large (avg 1 lb.) slicer.

Have e-mailed you my address.

Thanks for trading!

Santiago, Chile(Zone 9b)

Melody, please e-mail me your trade-list.

Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

Ursula
I collected different kinds of Campanula seeds for you, In exchange I dont want to have any thing, soon I will send you.

Santiago, Chile(Zone 9b)

Thanks, gumlla.

Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

You are always welcome.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

I haven't forgotton you Urusula...just been covered up with KYRU stuff. Will try to get you a list this evening.

Santiago, Chile(Zone 9b)

OK Melody. Please don't forget to e-mail me your address.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.