Hurricane Ivan (Hope not Ivan the Terrible) - PART 3

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Can we start a new thread, it is taking forever for it to load.
Thanks.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Does anyone know where DonnaB is? I think I read that she left...refresh my memory please

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

fine with me lisa

cricket

Auburn Hills, MI(Zone 6a)

hugs to you cricket !! from michigan

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Thanks. Lisa. I was about to start a new thread myself!

Lisa, DonnaB's posts only show a zone, no location, and I have no idea where she actually is.

Gonna be a loooong night, folks. Many of us will be here, watching, supporting, and sending prayers, and chewing fingernails until we hear how y'all are.

Auburn Hills, MI(Zone 6a)

take care all I will say prayers for all of you,, 5am comes very early,,, I will check posts tomorrow night,, I cant check from work !!:(((

take care and be safe !!

sending hugs to alll

cheryle

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

Donna left to go stay with friends.

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Lisa, hoping your friend is ok in mobile...

rylaff is about 45 mins from me...and i don't know about the power over there, I have not heard from my cousin in Pcola so assume they are without power, rylaff is between me and Pcola.
We ahve about 6,000 homes without power here and a curfew for entire county.

I am not sure about a tornado in Fountain, there was one headed that way but not sure it touched down in her area.....no word from her though. Her cell phone service is not working....Altel is having outages in this area.

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

thanks caco

thanks weeds--- and what kind of curfew is that?

phones are out in parker panama . cant even get a ring.

can you believe those parents who took their kids to the beach------that was so dangerous. I bet her mama whoops her butt.

cricket

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

This was yesterday about 9am on Dauphin Island....water too close for comfort.

Looks grim.

Thumbnail by melody

Mel, I'm not familiar with Dauphin Island. Just where is it?

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

It is at the mouth of Mobile Bay. One of the barrier islands...it is the one to the left if you are looking at the hurricane track....that teeny little strip of land right at the edge of the bay.

The eye is supposed to go right over it....or what's left of it.

SF Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

Here are the links that LSP started on the first two threads, with the second thread added:

Here is the link to the information on Hurricane Ivan. I thought this was the latest info, but it's only updated to Sept. 14. Sorry! Guess LSP has to do an update, and she can't 'cause she's hunkered down.

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/Minnyminew/weather_hurricanes_2004_ivan.htm

Here is the link to the first thread:

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/454982/

And here is the link to the second thread:

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/456627/

My prayers are with everyone in the path of Ivan.

Marilyn

This message was edited Sep 15, 2004 6:18 PM

This message was edited Sep 15, 2004 6:20 PM

This message was edited Sep 15, 2004 6:44 PM

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

DixieChick is in Prattville AL just north of Montgomery. [Someone asked]

This message was edited Sep 15, 2004 7:30 PM

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

DonnaB is in Ocean Springs. MS...she left yesterday, so should be safe.

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Dave Mattingly is in PC for CNN......

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

Mel, how sad for your sister and family. Things are definitely looking bad for Dauphin Island. I don't know how any structure on a beach caould withstand 40 foot waves.

We are glued to the Weather Channel and this forum. I can imagine how anxious you all are. It's a sit and wait and hope situation. Nerve wracking at best.

I have Gins home number, do you suppose it's too late to call her?

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I am still here and still have power. the winds are starting to pick up. Was glued to the t.v. for a short time. The eye took a slight jog to the right and I was really afraid it was going to head for Destin, but I think it was just a wobble. So at this time, it still looks like Mobile. Will stay on as long as I have power. So far, so good. We should be getting hurricane force winds around midnight. To me, it is always worse when one of these comes in at night. Cant see as well what is going on. Curfew is in effect . All bridges are closed.

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Floridian, not too late, call her, I only have her cell# and it has no service.

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

rylaff-----according to this channel that I am watching it should shift alittle more east. slowly-----hope ya stay safe.

cricket

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

Ginger's okay...she'll be along to post in a few minutes.

Rylaff glad you checked in again. Storms at night certainly seem worse.

It seems maybe the tornado occurances in the panhandle have decreased a bit?? Moved more northward? They're calling this the worst storm since Camille in '69 and back then they called Camille the worst storm to ever hit the mainland.

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I really dont want it to shift east. I believe this house can handle a low level hurricane, but I dont think the roof can handle a cat. 4.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Rylaff, you say headed for Destin as if that wouldn't mean Niceville as well - wha is that about 7 miles as a crow [or hurricane] flies?

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Yeppers Floridian, the tornadoes have moved north of PC and now the hurricane part in a few hours. we are relaxing a bit, have been rather tense! You shoulda seen me and Miss Virginia in my closet! She had to have a chair in there and the 2 dogs were there of course. took a bit of cajoling to get that Betsy in there!

Prattville, AL(Zone 8a)

hey guys,...it's getting windy here again around 30 to 40 mph now...not really to bad but will be getting much worse soon...

Blooms thx for letting everyone know where I'm at...:-)

We've been busy dragging in plants and putting things in the shed ...Stopping long enuff to grab a bite and back out again....

I think we've done all we can do now, its just sit & wait & pray....

I've got all my kids here,.... plenty of food, & everything we need when we lose power....I have to say right now...I'M SCARED!....It's gonna be a rough & long nite for alot of us here.....

they keep saying this is the worse storm to ever hit ....NOW thats scary....

going to go back to playing with the grandkids and trying to keep'em calm...

Hugs & Prayers, Carol

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Oh my word Connie, what a picture. Be safe.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

it is quiet right now, our winds died down for a bit. Our parish has been under curfew since 6 pm. The weather man is still saying we will have some more winds later tonight.

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

blooms, it was funny, Miss Virginia(my 83 yr old mother) was NOT laughing.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

So glad to see many posting and that others have moved to a safer place........I pray that all of you have a secure and dry night!

I'm glad it's settled down for you Connie and that you, Miss Viginia, Betsy and Popcorn are out of the closet now!

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Could you see/hear the tornadoes Connie?

Connie, I can just "see" Miss Virginia in your closet sitting on her chair, surrounded by dogs and you. You shouldda had a camera in there, LOL!

The radar also confirms the toronados have passed you by, at least that last band. Thank God.

Carol (DixieChick) just where is Prattville?

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Winds are really starting to kick here. Pensacola winds are about 20 miles an hour stronger. What I meant to say earlier is that one tv station felt the eye might be shifting east some and it might come in over Destin. No, that would not be good for me, Destin is right across the Mid Bay Bridge from me. If I walk two blocks, and look out over the bay, I can see Destin on the other side. I do not want it to come to Destin. That would be very bad for me, and for Weeds also. We have lost power a couple of times, but each time it has come back on.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

What a night! My prayers and thoughts are of all of you, ya'll!

Yeah rylaff, unfortunately, it does appear to be shifting somewhat eastward. Just stay tight, and pray for the best. I really believe prayer helps and I'm not very religious.

How high are you relative to the incredible storm surge and waves expected in your area? How close to water?

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Yep, gonna be a long long night.

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Lilypon, nope could not see or hear them but knew they were there because I saw them on the tv radar or whatever fancy stuff they use. I had the tv so loud I couldn't hear anything!
darius, you are so right, wish i had a picture of it! She has decided to go to sleep for a bit and get up for the big storm. She said she had been watching this dang thing for 3 days and she was not gonna miss it now! She is a hoot.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

I wish we could pluck all of you in harms way out........be ever so careful please!!

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Ya'll certainly will have front row seats to the Storm of the Century!

The poor guy in Mobile is gonna get blown off the fourth floor for sure.....the other one that's higher up the river should have come in hours ago (can't hear a word he is saying).

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

They are saying it will be worse than Camille. :(

Fountain, FL(Zone 8a)

i'm still here...when stacey called my cell was off and i was on ll to philly with my niece. her MOM is here with me..Goodness I miss her...when i went to her funeral floyd was around. wind is picking up,but we so far are ok.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.