Painted lady runner bean

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

I was told this was pink and peach, and that is why I planted it...turns out it is red and peach.
I am not a fan of red...at all
-just the pastels...this one will get the boot!
Hummers seem to like it, though...
-seedpicker_TX

Thumbnail by seedpicker_TX
Needville, TX(Zone 9a)

LOL....I think it is very pretty in a red/peach sorta way.

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

I think its actually pretty, but anything the hummers like I am for!! Interested in swapping some seeds of it? that is IF it makes it that long in your gardens LOL
Laurrie

Ohiobreezy-They are yours!
ps-don't forget me when you have some fujisume seeds! lol...
-seedpicker_TX

This one is called 'sunset' runner bean...
I like it much better...
-seedpicker_TX

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Wow, I think those colors are awesome. Especially the first picture. I like red though. LOL!

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

Cool Seedpicker LOL, Fujimusume seeds are setting, they are in a pot so if frost heads my way, I can at least drag pots into garage LOL
Laurrie

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Gosh seedpicker those are beautiful!! Where did you buy seeds for both of those? I need to buy some lol.

Ohiobreezy-
here are your babies...

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

LOL kinda looks like a praying mantis there until you enlarge the photo too cute, do I have something you would like in swap? let me know please!!!
Laurrie

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

Seedpicker if you have any seeds from the red one I would love to have some for my wildlfie habitat.

McKinney, TX(Zone 8a)

Seedpicker, I would be happy to take the plant or some seeds! I will even pick it up! Please don't chuck it! Of course it's probably too late to transplant since it's an annual, but I'll take the chance and maybe get it to seed for me. I love red flowers and that red and peach is just yummy.

There will be enough seeds form for Laurrie, Donna, and you.
You are welcome to the plant, if you want to over winter it. However, some plants send out a "suicide" chemical once they set and mature seeds, making them a "true" annual.
I don't know if these are a tender perennial, or a true annual, but you are welcome to try and experiment.
I'll post here when the pods are ready. I don't want to dig it, until it is done with the seeds. But, certainly willing to when it is done.
-seedpicker_TX

McKinney, TX(Zone 8a)

Seeds are probably best. I would be very happy to get some. Thanks.

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh, me too! I don't mind picking the seeds up either.

ok! ☺
I'll post when they are ready
-seedpicker_TX

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks! I'll keep watching this thread.

Shepherd, TX(Zone 8b)

I grew some this spring, and they didn't do well at all. Mine were about the same icky red/peach color. I just let them run their course and yanked them. I didn't even get seeds from them (and didn't lose any sleep, either).

Queeny-I thought you liked red! lol...
-seedpicker_TX

Shepherd, TX(Zone 8b)

If you'd seen mine, you'd understood...they weren't happy, and they weren't shy about letting me know it. We had kind of a love/hate relationship...we loved to hate each other!

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

Still not ready yet???

Nope...the sunset has a few that are ready, but the painted lady was a later bloomer. She is taking her SWEET time! lol...
-T

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Shoot if they're not fully seeded yet they'd never make it here with a shorter growing season. Too bad, I love red and peach. Don't want something that can't make it tho. Pretty pics Seedpicker

blooms! Don't shuck it off your list, yet!
I planted the painted lady as an afterthought. The sunset was well on its way before I even sowed the painted lady.
Just because it is taking longer, doesn't mean it generally sets later. I didn't sow the sunset and painted lady at the same time, so no an equal comparison.
-T

Schwenksville, PA(Zone 6a)

Hello:

This plant has wonderful seed pods. I make botanical note cards and use the seed pods (when very small) for the bodies of my butterflies. Also fun for kids to grow.

Sounds like a cute, crafty thing to do with them!
Why don't you post a picture of one of your cards, here, for us to see?

Center, TX(Zone 8b)

I'd love to have some of the red as well. Do you have any left? Have a few things to trade or will send sase. Just let me know.

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

Please add my name for seeds.thanks
Doris

Some of my botanical cards:

Thumbnail by designart

Butterflies (I sold all the cards with the bean pod bodies) but I will make one and posted it in a few days. Here are some other butterflies:

Thumbnail by designart

Butterflies (I sold all the cards with the bean pod bodies) but I will make one and post it in a few days. Here are some other butterflies:

Thumbnail by designart

Sorry, I tried to make a correction and ended up duplicating...anyone know what to delete an entry?

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Secluded,
Those are beautiful!

Thanks, I enjoy making them.

Secludedgardens-
I've been out of town all week, and just got back. So, sorry I didn't respond sooner. But, your cards are great!
Would love to see the bean pod one, when you get time
-T

Maben, MS(Zone 7b)

Please put on the list for the seeds.

servants_heart wants on the list, also(reminder)

I've picked the last pods in the past two days. They are FINALLY done. I've had to go out and cover that blasted vine with sheets, I can't tell you HOW many times! lol...

I'd have just let the thing freeze, but so many of you wanted the seeds...

Here is a list of people who requested them in order of request (please let me know immediately, if I missed you on this list, as I would like to divide, and get these to everyone, as soon as possible) :
Ohiobreezy
Donna B
Sweezel
Trunnels
Brendabloomer
Kareoke
Yardbird
Servantsheart

It produced 22 seeds. If I've not missed anyone, there are enough for everyone to have three to four large seeds. (yeah, I know...not a whole lot, but that is what it produced...)

If anyone has changed their mind, or feel that four isn't worth the trouble, please let me know asap, too, so that I can distribute them to someone else.

Thanks for being patient everyone.
-Taylor

ps- did a quick search, and while a few places are out of them, and others are not in the US, I did find two sources, if anyone wants more and doesn't mind spending a few dollars for them.
http://www.swallowtailgardenseeds.com/veggies/beansrunner.html
and:
http://www.heirloomseeds.com/beans.htm
-Taylor

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

Thanks Taylor. I still want them. Even if only 2 germinate it could still produce a nice vine. Want me to send SASBE now??

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.