Not planting lettuce till Ivan clears out!

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

That's all! I really wanted to plant this weekend! I am already late but considering the hour I spent this morning pulling up all my annuals Frances washed and stepped on I don't really see planting right now... One other thing, while clearing I gave my dogs one of my Moon and Stars watermelons to play with. Of course (my first time with watermelon) it ended up being the ripest one I've picked yet! So goes it! I don't know why but my dogs LOVE watermelon! Just wished I hadn't given them the best one! LOL

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

I hear ya! I've been trying to set out my tomatoe seedlings goin on three weeks now. First Frances, that took forever to move out, then Ivan which we are still feeling the effects of heavy winds. Strong wind is the nemesis of tomatoe plants. This past two years I have been delayed by setting out my veggie seedlings for one reason or another so why should now be different???

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Tplant, now you also have Tropical Storm Jeanne coming, they think soon to be hurricane status.

ncgardenaddict, they are saying Ivan may stall over the Appalachians, bringing an abundance of rain. Don't know if you will get it, but wise to pospone planting for now.

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

My seedlings are getting to big and must be re-potted, so I'll just have to give it a try tomorrow. We have never had anything like this. This will be known as "The Year of the Hurricanes."

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

I just heard about Jeanne yesterday! I couldn't believe it! I did go ahead and put a few seeds in a pot last weekend.. Couldn't help myself!!! At least I can bring them in. Hope everyone gets/got through Frances/Ivan/Jeanne - can't remember the first one's name now.. No more flooding please!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.