How bad did Melbourne, Fla. get hit?

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

I have not heard from my daughter who lives in Melbourne since Saturday morning. I am sure it is because she has no power or phone. She is used to hurricanes, having lived on the Miss. coast all of her life. Anybody from Melbourne?

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

I don't know anybody down that way Roz....I am sure she is without power...hope all is well down there.

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

Thanks, Connie. I am sure all is okay, just getting awfully hot and sticky I am sure. Florida sure don't need another hurricane; I hope Ivan somehow disappears!

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Roz, I just saw your post, catching up after the power came back on. Did you hear from your daughter? We have a kinda' "grass roots" inquiry system here through several radio stations in the counties. If you haven't heard yet let me know.
Pati

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

Hi Pati, I did hear from her and she is fine; I thought she would be, just cannot get used to not being with her in a hurricane. We have lived on the Miss. Coast all of her life, and mine too, so we are used to hurricanes. Looks like Florida is going to be busy this year; looks like two more besides Ivan may make landfall there. Where are you, Connie? Are you okay from Ivan? We got a last minute reprieve when it jogged East, but you all took a bad hit. I just got power back on, and have some damage, but not too bad. Everything will come back.

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

Pati, hope you are okay from Ivan. Maybe we need to take a trip up North until about Halloween?

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Roz, so glad you heard from your daughter. Yes, a trip up north would be good, but my old home town is Asheville NC, and they have a MESS of trouble there. Completely cut off by floods this morning. What's the old saying...."You can run, but you can't hide"

Most everyone has checked in on the IVAN 3 thread. Some still without power. Keep in touch, Glad you got the "jog"!
Pati

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Hey Roz, all is well here....the toradoes missed my house and i am a happy girl! Glad you heard from your daughter, it's that waiting that's tough! We can just clean up those messes eh?

markleysburg, PA(Zone 5a)

Roz going north to PA would not have helped either. They had massive flooding all over the commonwealth.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.