Starting African Violets from Seeds Instructions...

The Heart of Texas, TX(Zone 8b)

Here's a pretty good link for starting AV's from seeds. This link has pretty good step by step instructions with some pictures too..
There is also some good info for hybridyzing your own....
(I knew you were going to ask where do you get seeds from..lol)

Check it out and see what you think.

MsC

http://geocities.com/rachelsreflections/Janet.htm

Spokane Valley, WA(Zone 5b)

You remembered!!! :)

I think we 'lost' our seed pods... lol... but I'll go check both the AV and the link a bit later.

*HUGS*
Donna

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

MsC, great website! I just planted some seeds today. Too bad I didn't read this first, but hopefully it will work my way, too... Thanks!

The Heart of Texas, TX(Zone 8b)

You are both so welcomed !
Yes, I remembered Donna and I found this site while searching for some seeds...since it has the pics I thought it would be great for all of us.Sometimes a pic is worth a thousand words.

I'm sure that there are many different methods for planting, propagating and growing AV's . If we share what we each find that might work then surely something will work for each one of us...

I hope your seeds do great for you danank! Be sure and share some pics a long the way!
I need to check with Key and see how long it takes for those Sinnigia seeds to do something...lol ( Since I usually drown my seeds I'm sure "another one bites the dust"...lol)

Awesome site. Thanks.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.