wave petunia

Mifflintown, PA(Zone 6a)

Will wave petunia come true from collected seed?
Oriole

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

They don't come exactly true... but I've saved seeds plenty of times and grown them out. They still are nice tunias and worth while.

Morristown, NJ(Zone 6a)

I grew mine this year, and for me they were true - If true if referring to the color.
Super fast to grow from seed.
I already started saving seeds for next spring. :-)

Mifflintown, PA(Zone 6a)

Thanks everyone.Ive started saving my seed.

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

I made the mistake of planting these beasts in the ground. Are they going to reseed themselves? (This assumes they die back. I have a 3 yr old Petunia plant in one flowerbed.)

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Would anyone have extra wave seeds for other seeds? Maybe datura?
Teresa

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

I hate to be a dummy, but where are the seeds? I would be happy to collect em if I could find em. Lol.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Just leave the blooms on an do not deadhead. They form a small pod of seeds.
Teresa

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

I have the bright fuschia ones. I don't not deadhead them. I just hack on them as needed to keep my driveway clear. If I can find the seeds-they are yours. I will send them along with the orchids if you decide you want them.
Janice

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Janice, do the red orchids have the little spots on them or just solid. I am a newbie as you can tell. I have lots of iris/hosta/daylilies but do not have many houseplants. My daughter loves the ones at Lowes that are 28 dollars. I am afraid we will kill it! It is a pink and white one. Do you need to keep them on a bed of stones with water?
Teresa

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

The reed orchids that I have can go in regular potting soil. My phals are in orchid bark. They are fairly easy too. I may not be the best to ask because I do not have to overwinter indoors. I do not keep alot of orchids. Too hot and dry here so they require alot of care. The little red epidendrums are solid with a bit a yellow at the center. They bloom in clusters. I think I still have some of the red with bright orange centers too. The pinks do not throw as many kikis so i do not often have them to share :-(

Janice

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Do you have a wish list or should I just send postage. I think I will give them a try.
Teresa

Danville, VA(Zone 7b)

I just took the pods and sprinkled them on top of the soil of my plants that were near by, and all kinds of them came up. Now if they are true , thats to be seen. Mike.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.