a few propagation pics

DC metro, VA(Zone 7b)

Here's a picture of the box of AV leaves I recently opened up. I took a cardboard box and lined it with 6 mm plastic from the hardware store, put the leaves inside, covered it up with plastic (taped it down), and stuck it on the floor under the light shelves (it got very little filtered light). About 6 months later, I opened it up. I had lost a few to rot, but the rest are good. Usually, you would want to check in on it every day or two to make sure it's not too humid. I was being very lazy this time around - usually they look a little bit better than this.

Thumbnail by Keyring
DC metro, VA(Zone 7b)

Here's a close up of one pot with 3 mini leaves. This is a 3 oz cup. It looks like I didn't bother with any drainage material on the bottom.

Thumbnail by Keyring
Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

Keyring
You have very beautiful plants, I am completely new one with AVs. Still have nothing, can you send me few leaves of AVs?

DC metro, VA(Zone 7b)

This is a picture of one of my small wardian cases. In the back is a pink variegated Episcia - a kind that needs the humidity of a terrarium. The left one is actually an orchid seedling. The little glass cups with green dots are another kind of micro mini sinningia grown from seed - they are still tiny.

Thumbnail by Keyring
DC metro, VA(Zone 7b)

And finally, I apologise for the blurry picture. This is a stolon of an Episcia that I am rooting. It is still attached to the parent plant, which itself is only a cutting that is a few months old. The stem to the bottom left leads to the parent, and the other two stems are more stolons that it is throwing.

Thumbnail by Keyring
Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Wow, I'm impressed! Soon I'm sure I'll have a bunch of babies like that, too! :) I've caught the bug.

The Heart of Texas, TX(Zone 8b)

Wonderful pics Keyring!

Spokane Valley, WA(Zone 5b)

Lazy or just know when not to mess with shtuff, Keyring? *wink*

Looks like a treasure chest to me!

Lenexa, KS(Zone 5b)

I like the box idea. Don't know why that didn't occur to me before. It certainly looks easier to deal with than all the little baggies of leaves in cups that I currently have going. LOL

Bethel, OH(Zone 6a)

I have mini av is it possible to take the leave off these and do what you did? I have not had av until this year. I have 3 mini av and 7 large av.

Bethel, OH(Zone 6a)

I just read another thread. not need to answer this one

( Kim) Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

I went suffing on the web and I found this site This looks so easy
www.bluebirdgreenhouse.com I hope I did this right it has great pictuer. I went under leaf propagation
Dimmer

This message was edited Sep 2, 2004 5:14 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.