Guess what's still blooming today?

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Tazzy, is 60 when you become a senior? I thought it was more like 75-80... Sixty seems young to me (she said, with her 54th birthday approaching).

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Pins, I think it all depends on your point of view.....to a child of 5, 30 is old :-)

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

And state of mind... ;)

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

im 62 be 63 in 3-13-05

Pleasant Grove, UT(Zone 6a)

Happy (belated) Birthday, Moby! I hope you had a great day! Is all the celebrating done or are you waiting for the weekend to let loose?

When it comes to an adult person's age I think too much emphasis is placed on the first digit. Tazzy and Moby are sixty-TWO and forty-TWO, respectively, which really makes them the same age. And I am just a few years older than both of them at thirty-FIVE. :P So, that puts you two in the Terrible Two's and makes me the older and wiser kindergartener!

For coming up with that, I must still have the maturity of a kindergartener! LOL

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Heeyyyyy...you must be gifted with that "Special Math".
I like it!!

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

WOW! I'm NINE and that makes me the oldest and no one can be older than me! Nanny-nanny-boo-boo.

*sigh* remember as kids how we argued about who was oldest? Now as adults we try to lose a few years here and there.

You may be the oldest kid NOW, but next birthday you'll be the baby!

i AM STYLING PROFILING I GOT BLOOM SCAPE ON SPACECOAST STARBURST.OPEN OPEN I WISH I KNEW WHAT I AM DOING TO GET ALL THESE SCAPE ON NEW ONES ? NOT A ONE ON OLDIES.THIS IS ONE FROM MELLISA COOP LAST MO.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Ohmigoodness...........Tazzy be sure and post a pic of Spacecoast if it blooms!!

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

My Double it threw up 2 more scapes covered with blooms! Darn thing has been blooming solid since July! And BIG flowers!

I'm 55 in November. I feel like 20 somedays & 90 on others! LOL

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers
Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

Tazzy, those new scapes are on Calif. time! I have a new bloom on my SP. STARBURST today, third rebloom. I get bloom on some throughout the winter. I have four scapes on my EGYPTIAN QUEEN blooming right now and I see new scapes popping up here and there on several things.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Calif_Sue, you'll have to keep all us cold-weather gardeners in blooms this winter. Pretty please!!

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

Well, they don't look so good in the winter, too cool to open right so I end up cutting most of the scapes so they can rest and maybe put their energy in adding another fan instead.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Do you have any advice about starting daylily seeds. Do you use heat mats?
Regular potting soil?
Thanks,
Teresa

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I use a mini plastic greenhouse that has a lid on it, with regular potting soil. I plant my seeds the first of April. That could vary depending on what zone you are in. I am zone 5. I water thoroughly, put on the lid, and put in a sunny location. Within a week to l0 days you should see some growth. About mid May I start leaving them outside a lot more, especially overnight to harden them a bit and I usually have them in the ground some time in June.

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Regal Procession has it's last bloom today. It looks pretty good considering that we've had wind and rain from the remnants of Ivan last night and this morning.

Thumbnail by gingerjar
Kylertown, PA(Zone 5b)

I"ve got a 2004 seedling that has a scape and is just starting to branch out into buds. Rats. I hope I have enough warm weather left to at least see ONE bloom open. It's supposed to be 39* tonight though..... I dunno...............

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Give it a blankie!!

Kylertown, PA(Zone 5b)

ROFL! A blankie?!

My neighbors think I'm nuts as it is-- that would confirm it! I can't tell you how many times I've been caught out in my yard talking to myself!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

So?? In my book, as long as you don't answer yourself, you're still OK! LOL!

Oh dear . . . then I'm in trouble! LOL

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Remember we are not really LIKE our neighbors unless they have 452 daylilies. Therefore, who cares what they think! Get out the blankie! Although in my book, 39 degrees is not yet a frost, right? It's a scare/reminder of things to come.

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Chasing Shadows had the first of several blooms today. I'm sure the poor thing thinks it's still in Kansas. Oops, I
mean in California. I bought it from Gary Colby in San Diego last May. This is the first time it has bloomed here.
It was very slow to open this morning. Of course our temperature was 47 degrees.

Thumbnail by gingerjar
Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

I just realized how beautiful our gardens are gonna be next year, if they are this good this year!!!!!!!!
Oh BOY!

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

boojum...I *know* what you're talking about! I just got started with my yard this spring, planted LOTS of new perennials, DLs, Iris coming, plants I've gotten in trades and stuff that I've ordered is coming in. I only hope there are no "unforeseen" disasters in my future cuz my family will go crazy trying to figure out what I've planted and WHAT the heck to do with it! :-D

LOOKING FORWARD to SPRING!

~julie~

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

gingerjar that has a beautiful form to go with those colors. Lucky you to still have blooms. I still have Indian Giver showing me a little more color, I think I still have three more buds to go on it.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Gingerjar - do you know where you acquired COURT TROUBADOUR from? I've been looking and haven't been too succesful finding it anywhere!

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

I got Court Troubador this summer from a local nursery called Homestead Gardens. I see it in Darrell Apps' Woodside Nursery catalogue. If you remind me next year when it's had a chance to develop a bit, I'd be glad to send you a fan or two. App's website is woodsidenursery.com, if you want to try to get it sooner.
Don

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Thanks so much Don for the website! I may order it for Spring. I really like his site because I can choose to see Late bloomers which I noticed last night while looking at my DL inventory list that I have a huge deficiency in late-bloomers! No wonder my DL season ends so early! Off to compile a Late Wish list! LOL

Kylertown, PA(Zone 5b)

Well, no blankie was needed the other morning so there is still hope that I will see it bloom.

Speaking of talking to yourself, yesterday I took my normal three mile walk, and as I was going over the hill from my house, I spotted a praying mantis in the middle of the road. I bent over and said "What are you doing on the road? You're going to get smashed!" and I shushed him over into the grass. I heard someone chuckling and I was mortified to look up and see a woman sitting on the porch of a nearby house!!!

Yeah, my face was RED. Wonder if I'll ever learn?

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Hee hee! When that happens, I just smile and shrug my shoulders. Then we both laugh at me!

LONG STOCKINGS
planted in jul. from auction ,

Thumbnail by tazzy

IndaShade, you weren't talking to yourself, you were talking to a praying mantis. There's a BIG DIFFERENCE! LOL

Well, my one bud of Navy Blues from Melissa's co-op looked like it was going to bloom so I did the blankie thing last night. We had frost on the lawn yesterday morning so I decided it might help if I put a brown paper bag over the whole fan. It sorta opened, but not as much as two of my Pandora's Box blooms that didn't have any protection at all! Kinda funny, but then Pandora's Box isn't under as much stress trying to feel at home in a new garden. It was fun to see the color on the petals of Navy Blues, anyway.

Mooresville, NC(Zone 7a)

My Witches Wink is still going strong. Also, I got Bill Norris from Bill Maryott about two months ago, planted it and now it has several scapes up.

Thumbnail by ivory
Mooresville, NC(Zone 7a)

Even though it technically is not blooming yet, I'll give you a pic of Bill Norris, just to make you happy.

Thumbnail by ivory
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Saratoga Springtime seems to be a little confused because it opened it's first bloom for me today! I added it to my garden this year in hopes of having some early color next spring. Maybe it just decided to give me a little preview! Some of my co op daylilies look like they will bloom soon also. Can't wait!

Susan

Thumbnail by lincolnitess
Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Beyond Riches has thrown up 2 scapes in the last week!! Several buds on one of them. I got this one from a Lily Auction win from Maryotts back in late July/early Aug. I potted it up and still need to put in the ground (SOON!) but now I'll wait. It's in a 3-gal pot so the roots should be pretty big. I'll post pics as soon as it reveals itself!

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Okay, got back from the Round Up to find not only Happy Smiles & Stella blooming, but Double Daffodil (still blooming since July!) and new scapes ready to bust on Double Passion! This added to 4 re-blooming simply gorgeous Iris has made my fall VERY exciting!

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers
Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh, that's beautiful Wanda! Hope you had a great Roundup!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.