Weez's Asiatics

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Everybody's been posting such lovely lily pics, so I thought I'd add a few. Asiatics are our best bet here for wintering over, and our unusually warm summer seemed to make them shoot right up.

Since we tend to lose our flower bulbs over the winter, I've always bought the mixed packages of lily bulbs, so they don't have cultivar names. Since they've returned faithfully each spring for the last few years, I'm going to start investing in some special ones.... any suggestions?

Thumbnail by Weezingreens
Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

These bright yellow Asiatics had huge blooms.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Love these dark red ones!

Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

Weezingreens
Very beautiful, very attractive colors, These are not available here otherwise I should also have like yours. Excellent Weez................

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Thanks, Gumlla. I can usually go to the local hardware store and buy a bag of mixed lilies for a reasonable amount. Many look like cultvars I've seen before, but these are just a mix. Our winters can be quite fickle, and when they are wet and mild, bulbs can rot in the ground. It is one good reason to build raised beds here.

Beautiful,Weez.... you are lucky these fantastic lilies are available there, last week I received 15 bulbils of asiatec lilies of pink color, but these will take time for blooming. Lily bulbs are not available in Pakistan , if available then prices of bulbs are very high.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Beautiful, Weez!

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Thanks, Moby!

Weez......
Wow very beautiful.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Thanks, Gumlla. I wish I could send you bulbs.

Pleasant Grove, UT(Zone 6a)

Are plants not allowed to travel from the US to Pakistan??

Pleasant Grove, UT(Zone 6a)

That question is worded funny. I mean, "Are we not able to mail plant bulbs to Pakistan?"

Weez
Thank you for the offer, I would love to have. You have very nice collection, I wish to have these beautiful flowers in my garden.

clairelise
I received bulbs of Gingers and elephant ears from USA, arrived safely here. So lily bulbs can also arrived like other bulbs.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Gumlla, does Pakistan have customs restrictions on the import of live plant material?

Last week I received a box of live plants ( bulbs and cutting of Brugs) from Flowerjunkie( Daisy), custom deptt. just opened , checked the box and forwarded to me, I received all plants safely.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

That's great, Gumlla. I have to wait until the season gets a little later in order to get bulbs. Click on my name and send me an email with your address.

You have mail.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

The lily bulbs won't be out for awhile, so I'll leave a note to myself to send you some when the stores have them in stock this fall.

Weez, I have found Dancing Eyes, Dream, Vanilla, Fangio, Toronto, Gran Cru, Connecticut King, Sterling Star, Paradiso, do well and multiply for me. Some are very old varieties and should be easy to get. I have some more recent ones, but haven't left them alone or had them long enough to say how well they do. Probably Samur, the some of the Royals, Alladin's Sun. Oh I forgot Parkland Orange is good, and Crimson Pixie. Probably most Asiatics will do well for you.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Yes, we have good luck with them, but sometimes lose them over the winter. Mostly they begin to fail after a few seasons, so I have to replace them. I guess that's why I stick with the cheapies. I guess I'll have to break down and buy some cultivars one of these days.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.