Kitchen Makeover......There's no turning back now!!

Frederick, MD(Zone 7a)

I decided we needed a change in our kitchen. We've lived here for about 6 years and we've never changed anything about the kitchen. We have rips, holes and burns in the linoleum floor, the curtain/valance was faded, the wallpaper was peeling up at the seams, not to mention 5 years ago the puppy chewed through 2 walls. We fixed the walls but since we didn't have any extra wallpaper we had to cut a piece from an inconspicuous spot--scan the wallpaper, print out sheets of paper with the wallpaper pattern and glue the pieces of paper to the walls-it worked for 5 years.
Well, after seeing SoCal's project, I decided to try to paint the cabinets--although we're not going to use the glaze effect--just plain cream. * Thanks for the glaze directions--it just didn't turn out for me on the test run. Meadow Green for the walls, cream for the cabinets, ceramic tile for the floor and maybe..new counter tops! There's no turning back now--I've primed the cabinets and repainted the walls! I'll update with more photos as we go--this one is going to take a while--not nearly as fast as our pergola project since I'm doing most of the work this time and I still have to get seedling beds ready for next spring. I've got lots of daylily seeds for next year! :~) This photo and the next photo are the "before" shots--nice messy kitchen--DH is complaining already about the mess. It will be a work in progress....

Thumbnail by nminmd
This thread has 163 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!