tom pounce

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

i planted 3 bulbs into a container this spring. i did this with a few pots, so i could bring them inside. well it worked well with arena that opened up slowly, but this one all the buds were open within a few days and the smell overpowered me and i had to put it out onto the screened porch.
oh but what a beautiful lily she is and the blossoms were huge.

Thumbnail by debi_z
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Arena is beautiful! They can be overpowering sometimes, but I love the smell.

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

beautiful flowers, debi (and franklin - I'm sure you helped!) My Tom Pouce from Iowaron will be opening very soon!! I am so waiting for them!!!!!!!!!!!! Your's have more yellow than I thot they would have - wonder what mine will have. I never realized so many lilies looked so much alike!

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Is it as confusing as iris and daylilies? I swear the websites "tweak" the color just so we think we're buying something different.

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

Can't be quite as bad - not as many lilium! lol I read 7,900 somewhere - a far cry from hems!

7,900? There is NO way I'm going to get that many holes dug in my garden!

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

where there's a will, there's a way!! lol

Granite City, IL

Beautiful, these are one of my favorites. They are so beatiful!!!

Angie

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Hafta multiply that by three.... they look better in groups of three... or drifts of seven... LOL I can dream, right? that'd be about 24,000 bulbs. that's not a dream, that's a nightmare.

One year I splurged and bought 72 tulip bulbs with stripes and pink peony looking and green with pink and other fancy such... they were pretty good the first year - tho the green ones never did really open or show pink... Then the 2nd year the fancy colors were all awry and the frilly pink ones were pinky white and short. And all were gone by the third year. So I'm leary of fancy. Besides my wrist hurt for two months.. way too many holes.

Meanwhile, some yellow and red striped tulips that were here when I moved in fourteen years ago keep on coming back. Obviously perennial by nature. Question, with that vague a description can someone tell me what name they go by?
They don't seem to multiply but I do forget where they're located and they occasionally pop up some place new. LOL I dig stuff up and move it around within the garden and make a point of taking a big shovel of dirt along.

Hey kooger when you get done with Will can I hire him? how much do you have to pay Will? Tho' if you've actually found garden help that will do what you say then I will be glad to pay Will the going rate. LOL

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

He never seems to show up when I need him, so you can have him! lol

Blooms--you have tulips that last more than 3 years?? Wow! You could patent those! If I get 3 springs from my tulips, I feel lucky! But Naked Ladies and Daffodils are forever...

Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

Very beautiful colors , not seen before.....You have good collection.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

thank you muhammed. we are very lucky here in this country to have such a wide range of flowers to choose from. we are spoiled. :-) and i must say, i like it that way. ;-) i think the key is to recognize that we have an abundance of choice, (in most things) to feel gratitude for it and to share our wealth, however that may be done, with those we cross paths with in our lives. yep, that is my philosophy and i'm sticking with it. ;-) i love the combination of pink and yellow on these blooms and they are huge.
here is another picture of them in the container.

Thumbnail by debi_z
Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

and...............one more of a single blossom close up.
debi z and franklin p

Thumbnail by debi_z
Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

Very beautiful pictures and very rare color of lilium flowers. So sweet.........

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

#2 and #3 blooms are looking wonderful!

Thumbnail by kooger
Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

Thumbnail by kooger
Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

Here they are together - such variation on the same plant!!

Thumbnail by kooger
Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

thanks kooger, great pictures.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.