Mississippi and Surrounding States Heirloom Group

Richland, MS(Zone 8a)

Several regions adjacent to Mississippi have organizations dedicated to finding and preserving heirloom varieties of vegetables, herbs, grains, and flowers. However, interest in preservation of our own regional heirloom treasures is very slight if participation of folks from this region in organizations such as Seed Savers Exchange is the gauge of interest.

Much of the still available heirloom varieties that fed both body and soul of the folks who settled and developed this area are in the hands of the elderly and are in great danger of being permanently lost. Because I want to keep this heritage alive for our children and future generations, I am hoping to stir interest in gathering and preserving these heirloom varieties.

If you are interested in joining me in this endeavor, or if you just have seeds for old varieties that you would like to see preserved for the future, please post here, or send me an email so that we can begin to make plans.

I am hoping bunches of you join me!

Thanks!

Elise

Veggie Gardener

I'm afraid I'm a few too many miles away but have you tried this in the Heirlooms forum too, there are lots of people there who might be interested :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.