Rooting bouganvilla's

Prattville, AL(Zone 8a)

Would anyone care to share tips on how to root this plant. I've been offered several different types of cuttings to try to root but, I've never tried this plant before and I understand it can be a hard one to root.

Thx, Carol

Jackson, GA(Zone 7a)

I was hoping someone would have an answer to your question as I'd like to know to. I'v had very limeted sucsess with new growth cuttings in perilite,2 out of 10.

Prattville, AL(Zone 8a)

Thank you, Ma Vie...your always on the job

((((((((((((((((Ma Vie)))))))))))))

Carol

Summerville, SC

Just posted this on another thread about rooting roses but it works for bouganvillas too!

I haven't tried the hybrid teas but this is what I do for mini's. I put potting soil in a large styrofoam cup and wet it thoroughly then pour off any extra water. Dip the end of the cutting in rooting hormone (I've used rootone and dip n grow - either of them) and stick it in about half way. Then I put the cup in a plastic bag - the kind they put your newspaper in) and tie it off and hang it up somewhere in the shade. Or if I don't want to hang the bags, I've stuck bamboo cane in with the cutting - just so the bag will not touch the rose. In a week or so, I open the bag and then close it back and just wait. I've had probably 90% success with this. Works great for bouganvilla too. Good luck! Sandy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.