Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Smelling quite nice too!

Thumbnail by Tropicman
New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Mine are blooming too...pretty!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Thanks,do you ever divide yours?

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Ummm, only when I stole them from the run-down, vacant rental property next door! LOL

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

LOL!I won't tell,you probably saved it!!!!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Undoubtedly!! Oh, the sacrafices I make for the benefit of others...(dirt encrusted hand clenched over heart)

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

I know!Isn't it terrible what us dedicated gardners must endure
for plant kind!!!LOL!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

I was anxiously waiting for the sun to appear this morning,just to photo Naked ladies!!!!

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Other angle

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

More sun in this pic

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Nice place! and great pics.

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Your naked ladies are just beautiful. I really need to get mine planted. lol I just noticed that you have hostas next to the NL and they seem to be facing west. Do they get enough shade from the larger plants so's they don't burn up?

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Beautiful Naked Ladies Tropic. I have 1. It bloomed last week and this weekend the hard rains beat it to a stalk. It was a beautiful and fragrant surprise to me. My dh's allergies kicked up and I think the Lady did it to him shhhhh. I tried to plant the frangrant flowers over on the other side of the house, where he rarely goes. aaaaachooo.

I really like them. Do they ever grow any leaves?

Molly
:^)))

Thumbnail by MollyMc
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Only the foliage that comes up in the spring.

But Moby, I never had any foliage on this, ever. 2 weeks ago the stalk popped up, sprouted some buds and bloomed.....?

Frankly, I totally forgot I had even planted it and I sure don't know where I got it from.

:^)
Molly

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Nice pics Donnie...lol! When we first moved here...I dug up all the naked ladies I could find...and threw them away..because I wanted to plant other things. Lo and behold...they ALL sprouted where I threw them...plus others came up that I had missed. I decided...if they were that anxious to live..who was I to try and do them in!! And no..I haven't divided any since...!!!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Well Molly, I guess their other name really applies to you -
Surprise Lilies!

Thanks Moby, maybe next year. And they certainly were a lovely surprise.

:^)))
Molly

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

P2006,
Actually there are facing east and get full sun until mid afternoon,when the get shade from the larger plants.
Its planted next to the hosta that blooms late,called honey something or other,smells like gardenias,I try to get them to bloom at the same time,and they are just starting to bloom now,hopefully the naked lillies will stay in bloom long enough to get a good showing.

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Well that explains it all. The whole look is just so beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Hostas starting to bloom,just hope the ladies last a little longer.

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Rehoboth, MA(Zone 5a)

our Hostas are in full bloom and on their way, yours are late,
Tropicman, or are ours early?

The Naked Ladies are beautiful, wish I had some.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Gosh...that's strange! My hostas...most of them that is... are done blooming already!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

My Royal Standards are just starting. All the others are done.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Thanks Moby,Royal standards,does yours have a gardenia fragrance,in the evening time?

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

It's been a long time since I've smelled a gardenia, but I would say YES! Any time of day, really. And I think the scent is just intoxicating...

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

I agree,smells wonderful!!!
The naked ladies also have a nice fragrance as well.

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Naked Ladies are all over my beds this year. I "rescued" mine from an old house we were fixing up as a residence for HIV/AIDS. I was volunteer co-odinator plus gardener. (That means I got to work hard next to who ever showed up to paint, clean, move furniture or garden.

We had to add on a wheelchair accessible porch and these poor ladies were buried in the area. I moved a few of them & ran off with 3 for my own garden. They must love me, because there are more each year! Good Deeds have their own rewards!!! :)

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

You bet, Wanda! What goes around, comes around.
Finally got a decent pic of my gorgeous Naked Ladies...
I love the bluish tips.

Thumbnail by Moby
Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

So, are you really going to run "Nakid" thru my naked ladies on Sunday? I was plannign to take pics of your visit & post them, but this IS a family site. :)

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

dang...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.