What's blooming now

Little Falls, MN(Zone 4a)

Some of the orientals are starting to open now...one asiatic left blooming...that's Amarone but that's because I planted the bulbs very late...the white trumpets are in full bloom and smell yummy.

Thumbnail by tyke

Farfalla

Thumbnail by tyke

One more...

Thumbnail by tyke

I lied!!! found a couple more.

Thumbnail by tyke

Think this is the last for now...7 more kinds to open yet....

Thumbnail by tyke
Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Tyke - HOW lilies do you have? Gosh you got some I've never even heard of or seen in the catalogs, websites or my occasional "browse" of the Lily Register!! Do you by chance get some from The Lily Nook in Canada? I've noticed they have a lot of different cultivars than the usual US places and with you being in MN I didn't know how close you might be to the border to slide into Manitoba. Curiousity killed the cat, I know!

Brenda

Cochrane, ON(Zone 2b)

Tyke I love your Denia. Have to add it to my fall wish list.

Thanks broots...
Brenda, I have 25 I think...just added 6 new this year...well, satisfaction brought the cat back...so no, don't get them from Canada...I work at a nursery/garden center and we order our bulbs from Zabo's but they didn't have a very fun choice this year...although they have tons on their web site not all of them are available...and I do pick some up here and there if I happen to see a really unique one. Working there does have it's downfall though..don't usually get much of a paycheck to actually bring home...know what I mean??? It all goes right back to her...is that 'job security??'...sigh.....I do have to stop this obsession though because I've run out of room to plant and have my lawn mowing down to 15 min.!!! that's a good thing hey? I really need to get another job...someplace where I hate what they have..ha ha

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Anita - I remember you telling me you worked there when I inquired about your Tinos pic last year! I had forgotten. Alas, to have the delight of working in the nursery business! I'd never want to leave work!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

My last lily for the year...'Pookie' I'll have to get a better pic when I get some blooms on top.
Hey, tyke. Lived in minne for 15 years...miss you guys up 'dair'! You've got great lillies. And for sharing...thanks,'ay!

Thumbnail by Moby
Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Anita - any idea how old the clump of Amarone is in your first pic? How bulbs would you have started that planting with? Love the richness of that red/violet!

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Do you have a web site for Zabo's? Never heard of that nursery for lilies.

Maxine

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Maxine - we're on the same wavelength! I searched last night and Zabo's is a Dutch growing that exports lilies and others around the world. I couldn't find a way to find which nurseries/garden centers carry their plants.

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Are they based in Holland? Wonder why Dutch Gardens don't carry their bulbs?

Maxine

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

That first lily is stunning!

Hey everyone...Zabo's sells wholesale only but thier web-site is a wonderful source for reference and photo's....here's the address..

http://www.zaboplant.nl/

The Amarone lilies in the photo are actually 4 bulbs planted in a pot this May...they look like they'll have a high bud count in years to come, some have 5-6 flowers on now. This is the deal...I got 25 Amarone bulbs and 25 Solaia bulbs this spring to plant hoping to be able to use the flowers for my son's wedding coming up in less than 3 weeks!...We want to use fresh lilies on the tables at the reception...WELL....the Amarone are going to be a wash out because they'll be done by then...so hard judging when to plant to have them open at the right time...looks like we planted too soon for them...now my only hope is the Solaia which is an Oriental...they're loaded with buds but will they be open at the correct time??? Her theme colors are a deep wine/maroon colors and have no idea if the Solaia will be the right color...but photo looks close...if not it's always dim lit in the reception halls and it'll look close enough (if they're open). Think there was a link to Zabo's on some of those web sites I posted links for a while back...

Went out last night and took some photo's to see what night shots look like of the flowers...pretty cool...

Thumbnail by tyke

Another shot...they look like they're floating in air.

Thumbnail by tyke
Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Aren't night shots great? Can't be beat for color. I also like to photograph on overcast days.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.