Dwarf Lilies

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

They seem to get lost amongst all those giants, so......here is their own thread. I'll start:

'Miss Birma'- oriental - smells as good as she looks.

Thumbnail by llilyfan

'Rodolfo' oriental-sweet but not overpowering scent.

Thumbnail by llilyfan

'Early Yellow' -orienpet- name should be 'so sweet'

Thumbnail by llilyfan

'Partner' -asiatic- feeling patriotic? this one is red!

Thumbnail by llilyfan
Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Sue - that 'Miss Birma' is wonderful! When you say dwarf how tall are you talking? I don't think I've seen much of these dwarf Orientals in catalogs/websites. I've got some dwarf Asiatics though.

The description says 20" for both Rodolfo and Miss Birma.

'Miss France' - oriental - another fragrant lady

Thumbnail by llilyfan

How about some of the pixies.......

'Crimson Pixie' - asiatic - my earliest to bloom

Thumbnail by llilyfan
Little Falls, MN(Zone 4a)

Your Crimson Pixie will really go to town...this is mine at 4 years...I stopped counting after 120 blooms this year!

Thumbnail by tyke

Outstanding! Something for me to look forward to.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Writing that one down for my wish list. I saw it online somewhere Sat. evening....now to remember where it was.

Edited to ask.....

Does the Crimson Pixie bloom at the same time as other Asiatics?

This message was edited Jul 26, 2004 8:26 AM

Brenda, mine seems to bloom earlier by about a week or two. Most my asiatics are on their last leg here but the orientals haven't opened yet...noticed one this morn just peeking out. My longest and showest lily if Corrida...is the first to open, shortly after the crimson pixie and is the last to lose it's blooms.

Thumbnail by tyke
Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Oh my! Do I need to clear room in the front row now too for "dwarf lilies to come"? Help!

Lilyfan--good to see you survived our little private tour day yesterday....

Yep, I survived but I was sure dragging my tail. It was a very longgggg day at camp today!

Of course you have to make room at the fronts of those borders!!!!!!!

Here is 'Peach Elf' color was much improved over last year.

Thumbnail by llilyfan

What a sweetie! just glad you made it home okay llilyfan!

Tyke it looks like a traffic-stopper! I'll have to remember its name 'Corrida'.

llilyfan...just to let you know...Corrida isn't a dwarf...it's a giant!! The tallest one I have...I'm 5'4" and I was eye level with some of the blooms...some were taller...and the stock is about 3 fingers thick...if that makes sense?? But it's gorgeous.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Wow! I've got Corrida on order a few weeks ago. Didn't realize it was such a behemoth, but very glad to hear the long bloom cycle on it. Can't wait. Anita, you must have posted a pic of it to the PDB and I saw it. Seems like every pic you post of lilies immediately go on my BuyList!

Brenda, glad to hear you like my lilies....there's sooooo many more I want but I'd be planting in the neighbors yard :)....do I dare hope that some of my ugly flowers don't make it through the winter??? hee hee....that happens allot here...never know what's gonna come back....last winter was awful but didn't lose much...just a few perennials here and there...but I mulched tons because I learned my lesson from the winter before...I lost 65 perennials and 8 shrubs...the frost went down 16 FEET!!! and didn't seem like it ever was going to un-thaw. Our huge dirt pile at work still had chunks of ice in it the end of June this year because the frost was down 15 feet!

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

15 FEET!! Golly! How does one even have the motivation to garden after a winter like that!!??

(ahem.... if you ever feel you have too my lilies (or daylilies or perennials...well I have a nice warm spot down here in Kansas!) Seriously, if you ever need to make room - I'd love to do a trade or postage to give your "tender" babies a warm home.

tyke, now it is definately on my want list!!!!!!!!

Port Edwards, WI(Zone 4a)

"buttercup pixie"

Thumbnail by imtimm2

You know, I'd never thought of lilies for my front row before! This opens up all kinds of possibilities....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.