un-named lily - any ides?

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

This was supposed to be Aubade. It is not Casa Blanca, it has yellow at the midline of the petals and the pollen is much darker.

Thumbnail by llilyfan

Here is another view of this wonderful beauty.

Thumbnail by llilyfan

I believe this one is Aubade, there is papilliae on the inner petals and the pistil turns deep purple after a day or two.

Thumbnail by llilyfan
Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Sue -

I don't think that last one is Aubade. Aubade is an oriental and that sure looks like an Orienpet. I found this one, 'Conca d'Or' which might be a possibility. Interestingly, Aubade is one of it's parents.

http://www.bdlilies.com/l9200.html
http://www.lilynook.mb.ca/images/OT1029_Conca-d'Or.jpg

I'm not having luck with the 1st one. Sure looks a lot like Aubade. Is this new for you this year? What's the height? I'm assuming it's an oriental, looks like it has white papillae?

Brenda, Yes!!!! I wasn't even thinking orienpet because I ordered orientals! I just didn't think it 'looked right' for an oriental either, but then I'm still pretty new in the field. It was just planted this spring so they are very short.

The white oriental was sent as Aubade, it does have white papillae, it is short because it is brand new this spring also.

I was just checking and comparing it with my Casa Blanca, it seems identical to one stalk. The other stalk has no yellow at all. I'm posting the newest photo of it. Opened yesterday

Thumbnail by llilyfan

here is my 'Casa Blanca with the hint of yellow

Thumbnail by llilyfan

Is this running a little long? I just went out to double check that Casa blanca and it is pristine white today!!!!!!!!!!! The unknown does not change at all, it retains its yellow til blossom drop.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

I think Aubade and Casa Blanca are too similar to tell apart - at least for me. I don't have either one but was looking at another white oriental (have to look up the name again) that was suppose to be the new #1 white oriental taking that claim from Casa Blanca.

I'm pretty sure the oriental is Golden Elegance. Well, that is what the tag is now going to read!!!!LOL

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Darn, so much for buying from reputable dealers so you get what you ordered!

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Going to look up Golden Elegance (doesn't ring any bells). Glad you found a likely ID!!

Brenda

llilyfan--The lilies smell just as sweet no matter their name...

Yes Wanda you're right, not only that, they can't read either, but...................when I buy something I kinda want it to be what I paid for.

Thought I had a lead on its name, but that wasn't it either.

Lilyfan--welcome to the world of "let's Find a Name!" LOL
I try to call all my cultivars by their names as I deadhead--it helps me be more aware of their blooming habits & condition. Too many "no names " mess up the game!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.